Pearl FW903XP Wood Fiberglass Ltd Ed. Shell Pack, Platinum Mist
Pearl FW903XP Wood Fiberglass Ltd Ed. Shell Pack, Platinum MistDetails
The Pearl FW903XP Limited Edition Wood Fibreglass set is a versatile 3 piece drum shell pack which captures the iconic sound of Pearl's classic wood-fibreglass drums of the 60s and 70s. With its fibreglass-lined Poplar/Kapur shells and gorgeous Platinum Mist finish, this vintage-style kit is certain to both look and sound good on any stage.
Product Ref: 55319View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Please note: This Pearl shell pack does not include cymbals, snare or hardware.
Unique Tonal Quality
Featuring a lining of hand-applied and lacquered fibreglass, the drums' 7-ply Poplar/Kapur shells deliver a sound distinct from that of any other kit. The Kapur wood produces a soft, dark tone with plenty of low end warmth, which is complimented by the brighter, crisper sound of the Poplar outer layers. Combined with the inner layer of fibreglass, the result is a drum with a balanced, full-bodied tone and excellent attack and projection.
The bass drum features a fully rounded bearing edge, which maximises head-to-shell contact to provide the greatest boost in mid to low range frequencies, while the toms are cut with a sharp 45-degree bearing edge for a bright, resonant tone with strong high end attack. The toms are also mounted on Pearl's OptiMount Suspension System, a low-contact mounting which increases resonance and sustain, allowing the drums to ring out as much as possible.
Classic 70s Design
Pearl first pioneered its wood/fibreglass drum shells in the late 60s, with the design gaining popularity throughout the 70s. This limited production run of modern wood/fibreglass sets pays homage to the classic design, available only as ''Traditional''-sized 3 piece shell packs, and with a choice of four lacquer finishes specially chosen to echo the style of the original 1970 offering.
The most compact set in the series, the FW903XP is balanced and versatile, featuring a 20x14 bass drum, 12x8 rack tom and a 14x14 floor tom. The kit comes complete with chrome hardware and a stylish Platinum Mist finish, ensuring it looks every bit as impressive as it sounds.
- 7-ply Poplar/Kapur Shells (2x Poplar / 4x Kapur / 1x Fiberglass)
- 7.5mm shell thickness
- Hand-applied inner layer of Fiberglass
- Sharp 45 degree brearing edges on toms
- Rounded brearing edges on bass drums
- Platinum Mist Finish
- Superhoops II hoops
- RL10/20 Session style lugs
- Remo Clear Pinstripe Tom Batter Heads
- Remo Powerstroke Coated Batter
- Remo Powerstroke Clear Front Head
- Molded Rubber Gaskets
- OptiMount Suspension System
- Telescoping Spurs W/rubber Or Spike Tip
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.