Alvarez ABT60L Left Handed Baritone Acoustic Guitar (2016)
Alvarez ABT60L Left Handed Baritone Acoustic Guitar (2016)Details
The Alvarez ABT60L Left Handed Baritone Acoustic Guitar features a sitka spruce top combined with a contrasting mahogany body. This wonderful combination of tonewoods provides a rich, dark tone with plenty of projection. With its Baritone voice register, the ABT60L is tuned from B to B offering a deeper tone similar to a dreadnought and acoustic bass. As well as delivering a beautiful voice, the ABT60L is also complete with a full host of ornate features that adds to its traditional appearance. With its reasonable price range it is ideal for beginners and also players on a strict budget.
Product Ref: 79662View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Baritone Acoustic Guitar
The ABT60L Baritone is tuned from B to B, and pitched between a dreadnought and acoustic bass giving you a warm,deep tone with easy playability. Like with standard six strings guitars, the ABT60L allows for the same chord shapes and scales, but pitched lower. This is one of Alvarez’s best selling models due to its beautiful voice and great versatility.
Stunning Choice of Tonewoods
The Alvarez ABT60L Baritone is constructed from a solid A grade sitka spruce top, along with a mahogany body offering a traditional appearance. This stunning sitka spruce top has been especially hand selected from quarter-sawn wood, ensuring consistent quality for the best tone. Sitka spruce not only offers a pale grain, its straight, uniform grain also yields crisp articulation, along with a powerful projection. As well as sitka spruce, mahogany is also a dense wood that is capable of delivering a warmer, darker tone with added punch. Mahogany also offers a balanced tone that accommodates a versatile range of different playing styles. Its dark appearance features a stunning grain that you would expect to see on a more expensive model, and offers a great quality instrument at a reasonable price.
Forward Shifted X Brace Design
Like many acoustic models from Alvarez, the ABT60L also features a forward shifted X brace design. This type of design includes scalloped X braces and asymmetric tone bars. By moving the bracing system forward, it provides a larger soundboard, which is optimised with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
Real Bone Nut
The ABT60L Baritone features a real bone nut, which maintains its authentic appearance. The main purpose of a using a real bone nut compared to modern materials is due the fact that bone offers excellent resonance and sustain. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
D’Addario EXP strings Deliver a Superb Tone
As well as offering an excellent combination of features to provide a powerful acoustic tone, the ABT60L's final ingredient is a set of D’Addario EXP strings. These plain steel strings feature hexagonal cores made of revolutionary NY High Carbon Steel. Manufactured in New York, these newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon strings deliver unprecedented strength and pitch stability.
- Tuned from B to B and voiced between a dreadnought and acoustic bass
- One of Alvarez's most popular acoustics
- Especially designed for left handed players
- Sitka Spruce soundboard offers a stunning grain and powerful projection
- Mahogany body delivers a warm, dark tone worthy of any playing style
- Jumbo body shape provides a comfortable play with its nipped in body
- Forward shifted X brace design delivers a larger soundboard
- Ornate details include a tortoiseshell pickguard, Ivory ABS binding, detailed rosette and mother of pearl and abalone inlays
- A real bone nut offers an authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain
- Bi-Level Rosewood bridge delivers a unique appearance
- D’Addario EXP strings provide a superb, long-lasting tone and playing ease
Body & Bridge
- Series: Alvarez Artist
- Body Shape: Baritone
- Back/ Side Wood: Mahogany
- Top Material: Solid A+ Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: FST2M - Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Bi-Level Rosewood
- Finish: Natural/Gloss
- Binding: Ivory ABS
- Scale Length: 704mm
- Body Depth: 102mm
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Finish: 50/50 Semi gloss finish
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 44.45mm
- Fret Joint: 14th Joint
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Tuners: Premium Die Cast
- Strings: D’Addario EXP
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.