Alvarez AF60SHB Acoustic Guitar, Shadowburst (2016)
Alvarez AF60SHB Acoustic Guitar, Shadowburst (2016)Details
The Alvarez AF60SHB Acoustic Guitar features a stunning Folk shaped body which is ideal for finger-picking styles and folk music. Crafted with a sitka spruce top and a mahogany body, the AF60SHB offers a lively and warm tone that is perfect for any style of music. As well as providing a full tone, this stunning folk guitar features a great selection of ornate details, including a mother of pearl and abaone rosette, Ivory ABS binding along with a shadowburst finish. Despite its smaller body size, this beautiful guitar still yields a powerful tone that many people will love. With its combination of tonewoods and delicate features, this affordable guitar is suitable for any level of player.
Product Ref: 79675View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Sitka Spruce Top
This Alvarez Folk guitar model is constructed to get best out of its smaller body. It is a lively and full sounding guitar that is suitable for all styles of playing whether finger style or strumming. Crafted from a solid A grade sitka spruce top, along with a mahogany body, the Alvarez AF60SHB Acoustic Guitar offers a traditional appearance and a superb tone. This stunning sitka spruce top has been especially hand selected from quarter-sawn wood, and produces a crisp, versatile tone suitable for many styles of playing. The AF60SHB produces a powerful, direct and un-muddied sound and will retain its clarity when you strum hard.
As well as sitka spruce, mahogany is also a dense wood that is capable of delivering a a warm and woody tone with a slightly emphasised mid range. Mahogany also offers a balanced tone that accommodates a versatile range of different playing styles, and is a great choice for those looking for one instrument that can handle many styles from fingerstyle to strumming.
Folk Body Shape
With its elegant Folk size body, the AF60SHB offers extreme comfort, and is perfect for finger-picking due to its slim waist, which allows for it to be held closer to the body. A Folk body also yields more mid-range presence and punch, providing a power tone despite its small body.
Authentic Real Bone Nut for Enhanced Sustain
The AF60SHB Acoustic Guitar is equipped with a real bone nut, which offers excellent resonance and sustain compared to modern materials. A bone nut also delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
Featuring a forward shifted X brace design, where both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are scalloped. This moves the system forward and allows for a larger soundboard, which is optimised with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
Equipped with D'Addario EXP Strings
Finally, the AF60SHB is equipped with a set of D’Addario EXP strings. These plain steel strings feature hexagonal cores made of revolutionary NY High Carbon Steel. Manufactured in New York, these newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon strings deliver unprecedented strength and pitch stability for the optimum performance.
- Folk body shape provides a lively and full sounding guitar despite its smaller body
- Sitka Spruce top is hand selected and offers a stunning grain, with crisp articulation and a powerful projection
- Mahogany back and sides delivers a warm, dark tone that fits well in any mix
- Forward shifted X brace design delivers a larger soundboard and enhances the sound
- Ornate details include Ivory ABS binding, detailed rosette and mother of pearl and abalone inlays
- A real bone nut offers an authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain
- Its nipped in waist provides extra comfort when seated, allowing you to hug the guitar closer to your body for playing finger-picking styles
- Stunning Shadowburst finish offers a unique appearance
- D’Addario EXP strings provide a superb, long-lasting tone and playing ease
Body & Bridge
- Series: Alvarez Artist
- Body Shape: Folk/OM
- Back/ Side Wood: Mahogany
- Top Material: Solid A+ Sitka Spruce
- Bracing: FST2M - Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Bi-Level Rosewood
- Finish: Shadowburst
- Binding: Ivory ABS
- Scale Length: 630mm
- Body Depth: 96mm
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Neck Finish: 50/50 Semi gloss finish
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 44.45mm
- Fret Joint: 14th Fret
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Inlays: Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Tuners: Premium Die Cast
- Strings: D’Addario EXP
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.