Alvarez AP66ESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar, Shadowburst
Alvarez AP66ESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar, ShadowburstDetails
The Alvarez AP66ESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar is a stunning example of the superb craftsmanship from Alvarez. Featuring a solid African mahogany top, with a mahogany body, the AP66ESHB delivers a mid-range tone, that's full of depth and richness. As well as providing a great acoustic voice, this curvy parlor guitar is also equipped with a LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up, along with a discreet sidemount featuring a chromatic tuner. With its compact body size, the AP66ESHB is the perfect choice for travelling musicians.
Product Ref: 79686View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Alvarez AP66ESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar features a Parlor body, which is slightly smaller than an average sized guitar. The Parlor shape offers a balanced tone with a powerful projection, and also delivers a perfect mid-range tone. This type of body shape has recently had a resurgence with modern players, due to its versatility and compact size, making it a favourite with travelling musicians. Its compact size also accommodates fingerpicking players, as its nipped in waist means it can be held closer to the body.
Solid African Mahogany
This Parlor guitar features an all-mahogany body, providing a lightweight instrument that can be played all night long. Mahogany's dense properties produces a bright, rich tone, with plenty of fullness. By using mahogany for the soundboard, the AP66ESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar delivers a focused sound with strong mids, which is great for recording and live work. In addition, its stunning Shadowburst finish on the mahogany top, brings out the grain to create a warm look to match its tone.
Like many guitars from Alvarez, the AP66ESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar is also equipped with a forward shifted X brace design. This particular type of bracing structure involves both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars been scalloped. This inventive bracing allows for a thinner graduated top, allowing the soundboard to move more freely, providing warmth, clarity, and balance with dynamic midrange. In addition, by moving the system forward it provides a larger soundboard, which is optimised with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
LR Baggs Electronics Delivers a Power Tone
In addition to the AP66ESHB's natural acoustic voice, an LR Baggs StagePro Element and side-mounted EQ are included for added volume at bigger venues. This discrete EQ sidemount offers a built-in chromatic tuner, as well as a three band EQ with phase inversion and Garrett Null notch filter controls delivering a warm, pristine sound even under the most challenging conditions. Located on the upper bout, it is easy and convenient to use during any performance.
Real Bone Nut Enhances Sustain
This stunning Parlor guitar also features a real bone nut, which maintains its authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain. Another benefit of using a bone nut over modern materials is that a bone nut delivers a very balanced tone, and will last a long time. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer, for the optimum performance.
Equipped D'Addario EXP Strings
Finally, the Alvarez AP66ESHB is equipped with a set of D’Addario EXP strings, which are plain steel strings that feature hexagonal cores made of revolutionary NY High Carbon Steel. Manufactured in New York, these newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon strings deliver unprecedented strength and pitch stability, perfect for any style of playing.
- Equipped with a LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up
- Includes a built-in chromatic tuner for quick and easy tuning between performances
- Parlor body shape offers a mid-range tone with a powerful projection
- Alvarez ‘66 models are beautifully finished and have a deep glass-like shine
- Solid African mahogany top delivers a focused sound with strong mids, great for recording and live work
- Parlor body shape is perfect for travelling musicians, with its small and compact body
- Forward shifted X brace design offers a larger soundboard and enhances strength and energy
- Equipped with 18 frets mounted on a rosewood fingerboard
- The Shadowburst on the mahogany top brings out the grain to create a warm look to match its tone
- A real bone nut offers an authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain
- Ornate details include Ivory ABS binding, rosewood fingerboard with Abalone and mother of pearl inlays, and an intricate rosette around the soundhole
- D'Addario EXP strings provide a superb, long-lasting tone and playing ease
Body & Bridge
- Series: Alvarez Artist
- Body Shape: Parlor
- Back/ Side Wood: Mahogany
- Top Material: Solid African Mahogany
- Bracing: FST2M - Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Bi-Level Rosewood
- Finish: Shadowburst/Gloss
- Binding: Ivory ABS
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Dovetail
- Nut: Real Bone
- Fret Joint: 12th Fret
- Number of Frets: 18
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood
- Overall Length (mm): 985
- Body Width (mm): 359
- Body Depth at Heel (mm): 92
- Body Depth at Base (mm): 96
- Scale (mm): 610
- Scale (inches): 24"
- Nut Width (mm): 44.45mm
- Nut Width (inches): 1 3/4"
Hardware & Electronics
- Electronics: LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up
- Tuners: Premium Die Cast
- Strings: D’Addario EXP
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.