Alvarez MFA66CESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar, Shadowburst
Alvarez MFA66CESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar, ShadowburstDetails
The Alvarez MFA66CESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar is a stunning example of Alvarez's Masterworks series, offering top quality guitars crafted from all-solid, seasoned tone wood. With its all-mahogany body, this folk guitar delivers a rich, warm tone, with clarity and crisp articulation. As well as acoustic tone, an LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up is included for when you need extra volume, along with a discreet built-in chromatic tuner for a speedy set up. In addition, a full host of delicate features are included with this beautiful instrument such as Abalone purfling, premium die cast gold tuners with ebony buttons, acacia binding and abalone and mother of pearl inlays.
Product Ref: 79699View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Mahogany Body Offers a Rich Tone
Nothing can really match a guitar made from all-solid wood. The deflection of the notes is quicker, the quality of the note is better and the sound of your guitar will improve as it ages. This Alvarez Folk guitar model is constructed to get best out of its smaller body. It is a lively and full sounding guitar that is suitable for all styles of playing whether finger style or strumming. The use of solid African mahogany with this model offers a clear and direct focus, along with a stunning dark grain. Mahogany is a very dense tonewood and a popular choice for guitars, due to it delivering a full,rich sound with added punch. The sound is warm, open and clear, and both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other.
LR Baggs StagePro EQ System
The Alvarez MFA66CESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar is equipped with a LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up that delivers a powerful volume for larger events. This innovative Element was engineered to mirror the soundboard’s actual movement as you play, and features a flexible film sensor only 2 thousandths of an inch thick which picks up the guitar’s most delicate nuances. Its discreet EQ sidemount located on the upper bout, allows you to effortlessly achieve the perfect tone and features phase inversion and Garrett Null notch filter controls deliver warm, pristine sound even under the most challenging conditions. Furthermore, a built-in chromatic tuner provides fast and easy tuning, and includes battery access that is hidden beneath the control panel, maintaining a clean, classy look that doesn't take away from the overall design.
Forward Shifted Bracing for Enhanced Strength
This stunning folk guitar is also equipped with a forward shifted X brace design which involves both X braces and asymmetric tone bars been scalloped. This inventive bracing allows for a thinner graduated top, allowing the soundboard to move more freely, providing warmth, clarity, and balance with dynamic midrange. In addition, by moving the system forward it provides a larger soundboard, which is optimised with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
Real Bone Nut For Enhanced Sustain
As with all Alvarez acoustic guitars, the MFA66CESHB features a real bone nut, which maintains its authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain. The main benefit of a bone nut is to deliver a balanced tone, and eliminate the strings from slipping. In addition, this type of nut naturally self lubricates and helps you stay in tune for longer.
D'Addario EXP strings Improve Pitch Stability
The MFA66CESHB Electro Acoustic Guitar also features a set of D’Addario EXP strings. These plain steel strings feature hexagonal cores made of revolutionary NY High Carbon Steel. Manufactured in New York, these newly engineered, break-resistant, high-carbon strings deliver unprecedented strength and pitch stability.
- Equipped with LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up for a powerful projection
- Includes built-in chromatic tuner located in the EQ sidemount
- Cutaway shape allows easier access to the higher frets and improves hand flexibility
- Crafted from solid African mahogany for a superb clarity, balance and articulation
- Equipped with a forward shifted X brace design which offers a strong, fluid tone and response
- Folk body shape is especially designed to accommodate folk styles such as fingerpicking
- A real bone nut offers an authentic appearance and offers excellent resonance and sustain
- Abalone purfling adds a delicate edge to this stunning guitar
- The Shadowburst on the mahogany top brings out the grain to create a warm look to match its tone
- D'Addario EXP strings provide a superb, long-lasting tone and playing ease
- Ornate details include Abalone and Mother of Pearl inlays
Body & Bridge
- Series: Alvarez Masterworks
- Body Shape: Folk Cutaway
- Back/ Side Wood: Solid African Mahogany
- Top Material: Solid African Mahogany
- Bracing: FST2M - Forward Shifted, Scalloped X
- Bridge: Bi-Level Rosewood
- Finish: Shadowburst/Gloss
- Binding: Acacia
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Wood: One piece mahogany
- Neck Finish: 50/50 Semi gloss finish
- Nut: Real Bone
- Nut Width: 44.45
- Fret Joint: 14th
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Wood: Rosewood with 12th Abalone Fret Inlay
- Inlays: Paua Abalone & Mother of Pearl
- Purfling: 1.5mm Paua Abalone
- Overall Length (mm): 1015
- Body Width (mm): 390
- Body Depth at Heel (mm): 96
- Body Depth at Base (mm): 106
- Scale (mm): 630
- Scale (inches): 24 13/16"
Hardware & Electronics
- Electronics:LR Baggs StagePro EQ and Element Pick Up
- Tuners: Premium Die Cast Gold w/Ebony Buttons
- Strings: D’Addario EXP
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.