Ashdown ABM-600-EVO IV Bass Head
Ashdown ABM-600-EVO IV Bass HeadDetails
The Ashdown ABM-600-EVO IV Bass Cabinet is part of Ashdown's fifth generation of class-leading pro bass amplifiers delivering a 9 band EQ, next gen power stage and a host of other features including a variable valve drive pre amp section, footswitch controllability and one knob dynamic compressor.
Product Ref: 54815View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
An Updated Favourite
Immediately identifiable on stages around the world thanks to its glowing VU meter, the Ashdown ABM has been a firm favourite with professional gigging bass players for the best part of twenty years. Now in its fifth incarnation, ABM EVO IV pairs class-leading pre amp sophistication with uprated powerhouse performance and an all-new 9-band EQ - available in two head versions, rated at 600W and 1200W respectively.
On-Board 9-Band EQ
Bassists plugging into EVO IV will be greeted straight away by the flickering of the new Input VU meter, allowing them to quickly find the sweet spot for their instrument. From there, EVO IV features a sophisticated 9-band EQ, with familiar Bass, Middle and Treble controls and six sliders providing precision cut and boost at 100Hz, 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3KHz, 2.6KHz and 5KHz. The EQ can be switched in via footswitch taking the player from a flat fretless sound to their favourite EQ setting instantly. The NEW 9-band EQ is a revelation of sonic perfection and will surprise older ABM users.
Dial in Your Perfect Sound
Ashdown's Variable Valve Drive pre amp section has also been upgraded in EVO IV. Delivering more current to the 12AX7 tube enables more drive and harmonic content than ever before, enabling players to dial in a sound from pristine clean, to the fattest, fullest bass overdrive currently available. On the power amp side, EVO IV promises to be the loudest, punchiest ABM yet, with a next-generation power amp and uprated transformers offering unparalleled levels of headroom, definition and low-end push.
Huge Amount of Tone
Other ABM favourite features are retained in EVO IV, including Ashdown's famous One Knob Dynamic Compressor and the infamous Sub-Harmonic Generator that lets users blend in a sub octave note for huge bass tones. Paired with an FS-4 footswitch (not included) the player can switch the Drive, Compression, EQ and Sub effects in and out on the fly, delivering a huge tonal palette to craft a great performance. As with previous ABMs, EVO IV is well served with a DI out, tuner out, separate Sub out, transparent FX loop and a line input for connection of an external sample or sound source.
- Power Output: 600 Watts
- Power Requirement: 115 - 230 Volts
- Speaker Outputs: 2 x Jack/Speakon outputs
- Frequency Response: -3dB an 17Hz und 30kHz
- High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohm, input range 150mV -
- Low Instrument Input: Impedance - 10k ohms Input range 300mv to 40v p - p
- Line Input: Impedance 22k Ohms / Input level 0dBu nominal
- DI Output: 600 Ohms balanced / Level -20dBu nominal With Ground Lift
- Tuner Output: Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
- Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohms
- Effects Send: impedance 22k Ohm, Level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return: impedance 22k Ohms, Input Level 0dBu Nominal
- Pre-Amp Tubes: 1 x 12AX7
- H x W x D (mm): 134 x 474 x 315
- Weight (kg): 15
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.