Barnes & Mullins BJ500BW Empress 5 String Banjo
Barnes & Mullins BJ500BW Empress 5 String BanjoDetails
One of the most beautiful banjos currently on the market, the BJ500BW 'Empress' 5 string banjo is one of the most popular models from Barnes & Mullins. It features a stunning burl walnut resonator, which delivers a tone that sounds as great as this banjo looks. The resonator is matched by a walnut neck and walnut laminate rim. Whether you're a beginner or an expert, you should definitely check out the BJ500BW.
Product Ref: 37608View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Originally established in London in the early 1900s, Barnes & Mullins became one of the most famous names associated with high quality banjos. Today, the company reissues some of its most popular models. These instruments allow today's musicians to enjoy a fantastic high quality banjo at an affordable price, developed with the same expertise and attention to detail as they were over 100 years ago.
Named after the tragic 'Empress of Ireland' ocean liner, the Barnes & Mullins BJ500BW 'Empress' 5 string banjo combines outstanding quality with a unique and striking appearance. A low action and quick neck make this banjo a joy to play. It features a closed back burl walnut resonator to deliver an authentic, punchy bluegrass tone with a genuine Remo Vellum head. Geared machine heads ensure improved tuning stability. The BJ500BW also features a rolled brass tone ring to improve the volume and projection of the instrument.
Features & Specifications
- Neck: Walnut
- Resonator: Burl Walnut
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Rim: Walnut Laminate
- Tone Ring: Rolled Brass
- Brackets: 24 pcs
- Hardware: Chrome
- Head: Remo Vellum
- Machineheads: Geared
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.