Blackstar Series One S1-100 100W 2 Channel Valve Head
Blackstar Series One S1-100 100W 2 Channel Valve HeadDetails
Built on the rock-solid foundation of the classic 100W EL34 power stage, this amplifier sets new standards for clean and crunch tones. Two channels and four footswitchable modes, complete with ISF, include the amazing Super Crunch for the biggest, crunchiest tones yet heard.The DPR control allows power to be reduced to 10W for studio and small venue work, while a series effects loop and MIDI switching further expand the flexibility of this professionally specified amplifier.
Product Ref: 16796View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The S1-100 sees the distillation of decades of guitar amplifier design experience into the ultimate 100W valve head. Every control has been honed for maximum sonic benefit through hundreds of hours of listening.
The S1-100 Clean Channel sets the precedent for no-compromise design, by featuring Bright and Warm modes. Each mode actually reconfigures the pre-amplifier voicing and power amplifier damping to reproduce either ringing Class A performance in the Bright mode, or crunchy Class AB tones in the Warm setting.
Careful attention was paid to the levels of overdrive available when designing the S1-100. Crunch mode covers the widest range of crunch gain levels possible from just on the edge clean break-up, to crushing modern rhythm tones. Super Crunch mode alters both gain levels and tonal shaping for maximum crunch flexibility.
The overdrive modes are characterised by a tone which is high in gain, but lacks any of the detached top-end often found in many similar designs. This is a result of unique preamplifier and power amplifier shaping techniques, which also benefit the player in the way the overdrives clean up beautifully as the guitar volume is reduced. Even at the most extreme settings, the overdrive channels remain natural sounding.
The Patent-Applied-For ISF control is unique to Blackstar Amplification and represents a major step forward in tone shaping flexibility. The ISF control shifts the response of the three control tone stack between at one end a US response and at the other a UK response. Importantly, an infinite number of alternative tone choices lies in between that would be otherwise unavailable.
Completing the tonal feature set is another unique Patent-Applied-For Blackstar innovation - the DPR (Dynamic Power Reduction) system. DPR reduces the power of the output stage from full power (100W) down to 10 (10W) and any power output in between. This means that the full tonal depth of the EL34 power amplifier can be enjoyed at any volume, making the S1-100 ideal for recording, smaller gigs and even home practice use. Working in conjunction with the power amplifier voltages, this method of power reduction suffers none of the loss in tone of other power reduction systems.
The tonal flexibility of the S1-100 is augmented by full MIDI implementation of the main channel and mode switching functions. Used in conjunction with outboard gear such as multi-effects units, MIDI allows a whole new level of creative performance to be explored.
- 100 Watt head with built-in DPR power reduction
- 3 x ECC83, 1 x ECC82, 4 x EL34 valves
- 2 channels and 4 modes (footswitchable)
- Clean channel with Warm (Plexi) and Bright (Class A) type modes
- Overdrive channel with Crunch and Super Crunch modes
- ISF equipped tone control section
- Presence and Resonance controls
- Master Volume
- Series effects loop
- MIDI switching
- Speaker emulated output
- Power (RMS): 100 Watts
- Valves: 4 x EL34, 3 x ECC83, 1 x ECC82
- Weight (kg): 23.2
- Dimensions: 705 x 285 x 278.5
- Footswitch: FS-2 supplied
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.