Time Machine Series by Fender
The Time Machine series is Fender's own shrine to the heritage and legacy of the pioneers who made the company what it is today. The Fender Custom Shop has reached new heights of craftsmanship with its acclaimed Time Machine series, artfully crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and tooling used to create the originals all those years ago.
The Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish delivers an authentic worn-in wear of a guitar that has experienced many years of regular use. Each finish is specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop 1958 Stratocaster
This Custom Shop 1958 Relic Stratocaster is equipped with two Custom Shop hand-wound fat '50s single-coil pickups paired with a Custom Shop hand-would fat '50s reverse-wound/reverse-polarity middle pickup, helping to produce the time-honored stratocaster sparkle with modern versatility. Other premium features include a 6-saddle American Vintage tremolo bridge and matching American Vintage tuners, 21 narrow jumbo frets, vintage white control knobs, brown textured Custom Shop case and a certificate of authenticity.
The Custom Shop 1958 Stratocaster comes complete with a stunning faded black finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, imparting the appearance of years of aging and use without the need for heavy wear and tear.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- Model Name: 1958 Journeyman Relic® Stratocaster®, Maple Fingerboard, Faded Black
- Model Number: 1555802806
- Series: Time Machine
- Colour: Faded Black
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Lightweight Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronised Tremolo
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1959 Large ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5''
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Midddle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Reverse-Wound/Reverse-Polarity Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Master Volume
- Tone 1 - Neck/Middle Pickup
- Tone 2 - Bridge Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Middle Pickups
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle & Neck Pickups
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Plastic