Postmodern Series by Fender
The Postmodern Series is not bound to any particular year or design era, Custom Shop Postmodern guitars represent six decades of ''Fender firsts'' based simply on Fender's own subjective view of what works best in a single instrument. Designed to be player friendly with enhanced sonic and ergonomic features, Postmodern instruments open the door to an even wider range of individual musical expression and creativity, with elegantly crafted Stratocaster and Telecaster models, plus a special combination Precision/Jazz Bass model too.
The Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish delivers an authentic worn-in wear of a guitar that has experienced many years of regular use. Each finish is specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Postmodern Stratocaster
This Custom Shop Postmodern Stratocaster is equipped with a trio of scintillating Custom Shop hand-wound Ancho Poblano single-coil pickups with modern five-way switching, Vintage Modified #2 wiring and a special Tone Saver treble-bleed that ensures a consistent tone regardless of volume. Other premium features include a three-ply parchment pickguard, American Vintage synchronized tremolo bridge, staggered tuners, Schaller strap locks, black hard-shell case and a Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
The Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Postmodern Strat comes complete with a candy apple red finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, imparting the appearance of years of aging and use without the need for heavy wear and tear.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- Model Name: Journeyman Relic® Postmodern Stratocaster®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Candy Apple Red
- Model Number: 1504120806
- Series: Postmodern
- Colour: Candy Apple Red
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Lightweight Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: '60s Oval ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' to 12'' Compound Radius (241mm - 305mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Ancho Poblano Reverse-Wound/Reverse-Polarity Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Ancho Poblano Single-Coil Strat
- Master Volume with Treble-Bleed
- Tone 1 - Neck/Middle Pickups
- Tone 2 - Bridge Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Middle Pickups
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle & Neck Pickups
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style Staggered
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: White Plastic