Postmodern Series by Fender
The Postmodern Series is not bound to any particular year or design era, Custom Shop Postmodern guitars represent six decades of ''Fender firsts'' based simply on Fender's own subjective view of what works best in a single instrument. Designed to be player friendly with enhanced sonic and ergonomic features, Postmodern instruments open the door to an even wider range of individual musical expression and creativity, with elegantly crafted Stratocaster and Telecaster models, plus a special combination Precision/Jazz Bass model too.
The Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish delivers an authentic worn-in wear of a guitar that has experienced many years of regular use. Each finish is specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Postmodern Telecaster
This Custom Shop Postmodern Telecaster is equipped with a two Custom Shop hand-wound ''Twisted'' single-coil pickups, 3-way switching and modern wiring with a Greasebucket tone circuit, helping to create the classic telecaster snap while rolling off highs without sacrificing gain.
Other premium features include a single-ply parchment pickguard, Custom Shop RSD bridge, vintage tuners with Fender logo, Schaller strap locks, black hard-shell case and a Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
The Custom Shop Journeyman Relic Postmodern Tele comes complete with a classic black finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, imparting the appearance of years of aging and use without the need for heavy wear and tear.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Telecaster
The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster. An indispensable instrument, the Telecaster was the world's first successful solid-body electric guitar. Perfected after two years of development - and a name change or two - the Telecaster debuted in February 1951 and began its steady ascent towards the stage and studio. Ingeniously engineered with the ability to be heard both loud and clear, it was a marvel of simple design elegance and workhorse functionality. It is perhaps fitting testimony to its essential original rightness that the Telecaster design has hardly changed ever since.
- Model Name: Journeyman Relic® Postmodern Telecaster®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 1503130806
- Series: Postmodern
- Colour: Black
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Lightweight Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Bridge: RSD Telecaster
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s Oval ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' to 12'' Compound Radius (241mm - 305mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ''Twisted'' Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ''Twisted'' Single-Coil Tele
- Master Volume with Treble-Bleed
- Master Tone with Greasebucket™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Neck Pickups
- Position 3: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top