View Full Description
Postmodern Series by Fender
The Postmodern Series is not bound to any particular year or design era, Custom Shop Postmodern guitars represent six decades of ''Fender firsts'' based simply on Fender's own subjective view of what works best in a single instrument. Designed to be player friendly with enhanced sonic and ergonomic features, Postmodern instruments open the door to an even wider range of individual musical expression and creativity, with elegantly crafted Stratocaster and Telecaster models, plus a special combination Precision/Jazz Bass model too.
This Custom Shop Postmodern - New Old Stock - model has been specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era instrument, and to look like a guitar from the past that hasn't aged at all - as if you went back in time and bought it brand new. This unique model comes complete with a nitrocellulose lacquer, as well as a black hardshell case.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop New Old Stock Postmodern Telecaster
This Custom Shop Postmodern Telecaster is equipped with two Custom Shop hand-wound ''Twisted'' single-coil pickups, 3-way switching and modern wiring with a Greasebucket tone circuit. This configuration helps keep the tone consistent regardless of volume, ensuring highs roll off without sacrificing gain and providing versatility that is perfect for on stage or in the studio. Other premium features include a single-ply parchment pickguard, Custom Shop RSD bridge, vintage tuners with Fender logo, Schaller strap locks, black hardshell case and a Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Telecaster
The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster. An indispensable instrument, the Telecaster was the world's first successful solid-body electric guitar. Perfected after two years of development - and a name change or two - the Telecaster debuted in February 1951 and began its steady ascent towards the stage and studio. Ingeniously engineered with the ability to be heard both loud and clear, it was a marvel of simple design elegance and workhorse functionality. It is perhaps fitting testimony to its essential original rightness that the Telecaster design has hardly changed ever since.
- Model Name: New Old Stock Postmodern Telecaster®, Maple Fingerboard, 3-Colour Sunburst
- Model Number: 1503032800
- Series: Postmodern
- Colour: 3-Colour Sunburst
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Lightweight Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Bridge: RSD Telecaster
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s Oval ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' to 12'' Compound Radius (241mm - 305mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ''Twisted'' Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound ''Twisted'' Single-Coil Tele
- Master Volume
- Master Tone with Greasebucket™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge & Neck Pickups
- Position 3: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.