View Full Description
9 Ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck
The Firebird V features a 9 ply Mahogany/Walnut neck with a "thru" neck construction, providing the guitar with incredibly rich sustain. Gibson have widened the neck and fingerboard of the Firebird for 2015, greatly improving comfort when performing hammer-ons, pull-offs and string bends. The 2015 model also features a thicker one-piece Rosewood fingerboard, which has been expertly sanded, buffed and treated with oil for an unparalleled smooth and silky feel.
New and Improved Nut and Saddle
The innovative new Zero Fret Adjustable Brass Nut (patent applied for) gives a number of adjustment options for increased versatility. It improves the Firebird's already massive sustain, provides extremely accurate intonation, and offers a wide range of action adjustments. The classic Tune-o-matic bridge has been upgraded, with specially notched Titanium saddles and Allen wrench-compatible thumbscrews for greater ease of adjustment.
495R and 495T Mini Humbuckers
Using high quality Ceramic magnets, the Firebird's 495R and 495T Mini Humbucker pickups produce a crisp, bright tone with articulate highs, perfect for a wide range of styles. The Firebird's electronics now use thicker gauge wiring, improving signal strength for more reliable internal connections.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Mahogany
- Finish: Vintage Sunburst
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic with Titanium saddles
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: 9 ply Mahogany/Walnut Laminate
- Neck Joint: Neck Through
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper™
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Trapezoid
Hardware & Electronics
- Neck Pickup: 495R Mini Humbucker Firebird
- Bridge Pickup: 495T Mini Humbucker Firebird
- Controls: 2x Volume, 2x Tone
- Tuners: Steinberger Gearless Tuners
- Accessories: Gibson USA hardshell case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.