Classic Les Paul Looks
The new 2017 Les Paul Classic HP offers an iconic appearance with modifications for the modern player. Packed with a full host of classic features including the popular Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish with cream binding, basic four control knob layout, Mother of Pearl trapezoids, rosewood fingerboard, aluminum stop bar with steel locking studs, and a mahogany body topped with A grade flame maple. Overall, this stunning instrument wears its Gibson name with pride.
Ultra Modern Weight Relief Offers Comfort & Sustain
As many guitarists know, the weight of a guitar is extremely important in terms of comfort, Gibson have found a solution to this renowned weight issue and now feature an ultra-modern weight relief chambered body for comfort and enhanced resonance. This weight-relief process involves routing nine round holes in the mahogany body before the stunning maple top is attached. These holes are strategically placed in the lower bouts on the bass-side of the guitar, offering you a comfortable-lightweight guitar that can be played all night long.
Slim Taper Neck is Ideal For Smaller Hands
As with many new Gibson models, the 2017 Les Paul Classic HP is crafted with a speedy slim tapered neck profile that is ideal for players with smaller hands, or younger players. This slim tapered mahogany neck also makes it easier and more ergonomic to reach certain chords, as it allows the players fingers to be perpendicular to the fingerboard, overall giving you more accuracy and clarity. Not only does it provide fluid hand flexibility, the mahogany neck is fused to the mahogany body using a mortise an tenon joint, and a provides a fast-access neck heel for playing fast solos.
Equipped with '57 Classic Humbuckers For a PAF Tone
The new 2017 Les Paul features a set of '57 classic humbuckers, which provide a warm, full tone with a balanced response, delivering that sought after PAF humbucker crunch. These classic humbuckers are made to the exact same specifications as the original PAFs, including Alnico II magnets, nickel-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and vintage-style, two-conductor braided wiring. The pickups are also wax potted to remove all internal air space and any chance of undesirable microphonic feedback. Controlling these pickups is easy, with the two volume and two tone control knobs, along with the DIP switch, which gives you incomparable control over your tone.
G Force Auto-Tuning System with Smooth & Silent Gears
As well as looks and tone, the new Les Paul Classic HP also features the G force self tuning system, which is an innovative system worked by a mechanical device that is secured to the headstock. Each machine head contains a small servo motor that can wind the string up or down. Simply push the on button and strum to see this device in action and perfectly tune your guitar. The new Gibson HP models all feature an updated G Force system, with even smoother and more silent gears.
Not only does the G force tuning system provide standard tunings, it also offers alternate and custom tunings, tuning to instruments that are in tune with themselves but not to concert pitch, adding pitch offsets to individual strings, and tuning with a capo. Powered by a rechargeable battery, the G force system provides up to 100 tunings on one single charge, and also allows for manual tuning.
Titanium Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
Not only does the new Les Paul Classic HP provide the perfect combination of tone and looks, it is also equipped with an innovative Nut. The Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut is a superior nut design in Gibson’s High-Performance series of guitars, due to its exceptional adjustability to match various playing styles. This cleverly designed Nut benefits from an all-titanium construction for extreme durability, and a retaining screw so the nut stays in place when you change strings. Like with bridge adjustments, the Zero-Fret Nut allows you to adjust the height and angle, for the optimum feel.
Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge
As with many of the new Gibson models, the 2017 Les Paul Classic HP also features an Aluminium Tune-O-Matic bridge. This type of bridge is an extremely popular fixed bridge due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge, as you simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action, and screw the bridge saddles in or out to achieve perfect intonation.
G FORCE™ auto-tuning delivers fast, accurate, and great for alternate tunings. Now with even smoother and more silent gears
- Equipped with 57 Classic and Super 57 Classic humbucker pickups for classic Gibson tones with a touch more gnarl compared to its T model counterpart
- Titanium zero-fret adjustable nut provides an incredible tone, sustain and durability
- Soloist neck: Ideal neck for the guitar soloist.
- Fast-access heel for unparalleled access to the higher frets
- Maple top 9-hole weight relief: Historic tone wood combination and 9 hole weight relief for more sustain and comfortable playing.
- Flamed top for a touch a class and authenticity
- New push-pull knurled knobs provide modern in its chrome appointments, the HP model stands out instantly compared to its more traditional counterpart.
- Aluminum TOM with titanium saddles: Amazing tonal transmission thanks to the titanium saddles and steel locking thumbwheels.
- Complete Tone Control: 2 volumes, 2 tones, 1 toggle with push-pull and DIP switch giving you incomparable control over your tone.
- Includes Premium Gibson aluminum case, which is Incredibly beautiful and protective
- Series:Core HP
- Body Style: Les Paul Classic
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top Material: A Grade Flame Maple
- Body Colour: Heritage Cherry Sunburst
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Neck Width: 1.745"
- Heel: Fast Access
- Scale Length: 4.75
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 22 Polished Frets
- Nut: Titanium zero-fret adjustable nut
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl trapezoids
Harware & Electronics
Bridge Pickup: Super '57 Classic
- Neck Pickup: 57 Classic
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone
- Pickup Switching: 1 toggle with push-pull and DIP switch
- Bridge: Aluminum TOM with titanium saddles and steel locking thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar with steel locking studs
- Control knobs: Chrome knurled top hats
- Case: Premium Gibson Case