The flagship of Gibsons High Performance line-up, the new Les Paul Standard 2017 HP is the most luxurious and ground-breaking Les Paul Standard ever made. A super exclusive AAAA flamed maple top, features the striking tiger stripes effect. This beautiful and unique grain is extremely recognisable throughout the Cherry Sunburst finish, and adds extra prestige to the overall appearance of this guitar. As well as this classic vibrant finish, the use of the traditional cream binding breaks up the colour block and gives the guitar a defined edge.
As with many Les Pauls, this new 2017 Standard HP model features that legendary wood combination, of good clarity, definition and treble bite from the AAAA Flamed maple, and excellent depth and richness from the mahogany body. This is one of the most revered wood combinations of all time, and truly offers a best of both worlds design in the way that mahogany and maple complement each other to offer superior resonance, sustain, depth, clarity, and definition.
Asymmetrical Slim Taper
With its lightweight mahogany neck, the new Les Paul Standard HP equipped with an asymmetrical slim taper profile. This particular type of neck profile offers a more ergonomic grip, as the curve on one side of the neck is flatter than the other side. As well as this shape, the fret ends go over the binding, instead of the plastic being sculpted around them, so the strings can't be trapped in the fret-to-binding joint.
Burstbucker Rhythm Pro & Lead Pro+
The new 2017 Les Paul Standard is equipped with Burstbucker Pro pickups, and unlike the original, Alnico 5 magnets are now used in place of the traditional Alnico 2 delivering a fatter, meatier tone with more drive and attack. They deliver a classic Gibson PAF tone with a hint of attitude, with extra noise reduction, keeping things quiet even in a high-gain rig. Control options for these pickups includes two independent volume and tone controls for each pickup, along with an aviation grade toggle switch for a variety of tonal options.
G Force Auto-Tuning For a Speedy Set Up
Unlike its original, the new 2017 Les Paul Standard HP now features the innovative G force self tuning system, which is an incredible new system worked by a mechanical device that is secured to the headstock. Each machine head contains a small servo motor that can wind the string up or down. Simply push the on button and strum to see this device in action and perfectly tune your guitar.
Not only does the G force tuning system provide standard tunings, it also offers alternate and custom tunings, tuning to instruments that are in tune with themselves but not to concert pitch, adding pitch offsets to individual strings, and tuning with a capo. Powered by a rechargeable battery, the G force system provides up to 100 tunings on one single charge, and also allows for manual tuning.
Titanium Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
The Gibson Les Paul Standard HP Electric Guitar also features an innovative Nut. The Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut is a superior nut design which offers exceptional adjustability to match various playing styles. Its all-titanium construction provides extreme durability, and a retaining screw which helps the nut stays in place when you change strings. Like with bridge adjustments, the Zero-Fret Nut allows you to adjust the height and angle, for the optimum feel.
Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge
The Gibson Les Paul Standard HP Electric Guitar is equipped with an aluminium Tune-O-Matic (TOM) bridge, which improves stability and reliability, as well as provide a comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. This innovative TOM bridge is very easy to use, as you simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action, and screw the bridge saddles in or out to achieve perfect intonation.
With every Tune-O-Matic bridge that Gibson feature on their high performance models, a separate "stopbar" tailpiece is combined, which is essentially designed to further enhance the connection between the strings and the body.
The Gibson Les Paul Standard HP Electric Guitar comes complete with a high performance aluminium case for portability and storage, along with a premium leather strap, Gibson’s multi-tool, and a polishing cloth. With all these added extras, it ensures you are investing in a quality product.
- Burstbucker Rhythm Pro and Lead Pro+ Pickups Produce PAF Inspired Tones
- Coil-Tap Function Delivers a Range of Tonal Possibilities
- Includes Gibson’s High Performance Aluminium Case for Portability and Storage
- Asymmetrical Slim Taper Neck Profile Offers a Comfortably Smooth Play
- G Force Tuner is an Incredibly Quick and Easy Auto-Tuning System
- Aluminium TOM Bridge and Stop Bar Create Excellent String Resonance
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Mahogany Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard Deliver Bright Characteristics
- Includes Premium Leather Strap, Gibson’s Multi-Tool, and a Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core HP
- Style: Les Paul Standard
- Top: AAAA Flamed Maple
- Body: Mahogany
- Binding: Cream
- Bridge: Aluminium Tune-o-Matic w/Steel Locking Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar w/Steel Locking Studs
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymmetrical Slim Taper
- Width: 1.745"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 22 Polished
- Nut: Titanium Zero-Fret Adjustable Nut
- Heel: Fast-Access
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl Trapezoids
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker Rhythm pro
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker Lead Pro+
- Controls: 2x Volumes (Push-Pull)/2x Tones (Push-Pull)/1x Aviation Grade Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: G Force w/Improved Gears
- Control knobs: Knurled Top Hats
- Saddles: Titanium
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case: HP Aluminium Case
- Accessories: Premium Leather Strap/Gibson Multi-Tool/Polishing Cloth