View Full Description
The Gretsch CG is a classic shape that is instantly recognised from the 1950's era, and was first made famous by George Harrison and Chet Atkins. These artists and many more transformed Gretsch guitars into an iconic part of pop, rock and country. The playability of the Gretsch CG has been recently changed unlike their original models. It features ML bracing which works beautifully with its thinner 2.25" body, making the most of both the front and back pieces for just as strong sustain and projection, but in a more compact form.
Warm Vintage Tones
The Gretsch CG is a treat for the eyes and ears, and has been reinvigorated for modern player who demands the pinnacle of performance and tone from their guitar. Equipped with dual high sensitive Filer-Tron humbucking pickups that enhance the resonance of the laminated Maple body and provide a pristine high end, glassy midrange, and a robust low end. All these individual tones blend seamlessly with other instruments, and works well for live performances and in the studio.
The ML bracing is specifically voiced for the thinner, 2.25" body and produces distinct tones by by synchronising the top and back vibrations for harmonious tone without clashing overtones. With warm vintage tones and great sustain, the Gretsch CG perfect for styles such as jazz, blues, classic rock and more.
- Filter'Tron Pickups
- Dual High Sensitive Filter'Tron humbucking pickups
- Classic "F" Sound Holes
- Ebony Fingerboard
- Cadillac Green Walnut Stain
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Colour:Cadillac Green
- Bracing:ML Style
- Neck Material:Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut: Graph Tech TUSQ XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Thumbnails
Harware & Electronics
Bridge Pickup:High Sensitive Filter'Tron
- Neck Pickup:High Sensitive Filter'Tron
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Bridge:Rocking Bar
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Die-Cast Gold
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
- Strings:Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.