View Full Description
The Martin D-35 Johnny Cash Commemorative guitar has some premium appointments. Five bands of alternating black and white purfling around the top and sides plus three bands on the back, all protected by grained ivoroid binding, highlight the polished black finish. The grained ivoroid heel cap and endpiece are framed by multiple black and white inlays. The Style 45 rosette has a vibrant green abalone pearl inlay and style 35 zigzag backstrips separate the stunning three piece back.
Ebony Fingerboard and Headstock
The fingerboard and headstock are bound with grained ivoroid and inset with mitered black/white fine line inlays. The headstock has a polished black Ebony headplate featuring Martin's old style logo and Grover Rotomatic enclosed chrome tuners just like the Cash original. The African black Ebony fingerboard has inalys simialr to those on the D-42 Johnny Cash Signature Edition and small abalone stars bordered with mother of pearl at the 5th, 7th, 9th, 12th and 15th frets. Johnny Cash's signature in pearl appears between the 19th and 20th frets.
Warm Tone, Tons of Projection
Of course, this guitar sounds just as good as it looks. Combining an Engelmann Spruce top with 1/4'' forward shifted scalloped braces gives this dreadnought a sweet tone and impressive responsiveness whilst a back and sides of East Indian Rosewood add warmth and projection. The smooth 1-11/16'' neck is carved from genuine Mahogany.
A bone nut and compensated bone saddle (fitted in an Ebony belly bridge), enhances the guitar's resounding power and clarity. Abalone-topped black Style 42 bridge pins and endpin add a spalsh of color. A polished and beveled black pickguard protects the top.
Includes Black Case
This guitar comes with a Geib style black case with special black hardware and a black interior. The D-35 Johnny Cash features a special interior label in tribute, each personally signed by Cash's son, John Carter Cash and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV, and numbered in sequence.
Johnny Cash was an icon of country music but his style embraced rock n roll, blues and folk too. Well known for his deep baritone voice, Cash is famous for his trademark "man in black" style. His best known songs include, "I Walk the Line", "Folsom Prison Blues" and "Ring of Fire".
Body & Bridge
- Model: D-35 Johnny Cash
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: HD Zig-Zag w/ Black Fiber
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Back Inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss - Black
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss - Black
- Bridge & End Pins: Black w/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Black - Beveled & Polished
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8''
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Large Old Style
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid with Multiple Black/White Boltaron Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Abalone Stars - Select Pearl (Bordered In Mother of Pearl)
- Fingerboard Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish Neck: Polished Gloss - Black
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV & John Carter Cash, Numbered in Sequence
- Case: 545E Geib style w/ Black Interior & Hardware
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.