Danelectro 59 Resonator Electric Guitar, Black
Danelectro 59 Resonator Electric Guitar, BlackDetails
The Danelectro 59 Resonator is an electric guitar that combines a piezo pickup in the cone with ‘56 Lipstick® pickup on the neck. With a Masonite hollow body and diamond plate cover, the 59 Resonator delivers an enhanced tone compared to other resonators on the market. Equipped with a blend control to add in just as much piezo tones as you want to mix with the Lipstick neck pickup. Available in Black or Tobacco Sunburst Finish.
Product Ref: 74626View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Resonator Guitars were originally designed to give more volume to guitars in dance bands, however they are now prized by many musicians, and have become a popular choice for blues and bluegrass players due to their distinctive sound.
This fantastic sounding resonator guitar is crafted in Canada, and is made from Masonite with a Maple neck. The 59 Resonator combines a piezo pickup in the cone with ‘56 Lipstick® pickup on the neck producing a distinctive bluesy sound.
The Diamond plate cover not only provides a traditional appearance, but also enhances the tone of the 59 Resonator. The resonator’s unique tone is powerful enough to cut through most mixes and performances far more easily than an acoustic resonator. The additional pickups allow the sound to be amplified and is an ideal choice for live performances and in the studio.
The control layout is simply master volume, master tone and a blend pot. The blend pot allows you to perfectly blend both pickups for a truly distinctive sound. With its bluesy tones and appearance, the 59 Resonator is the perfect choice for Bluegrass players.
The lipstick-tube pickup was first introduced by Danelectro on their line of electric guitars. The original lipstick-tube pickups were, in fact, manufactured using surplus lipstick tubes that were bought from a cosmetics manufacturer , and featured on many original Danelectro guitars. These surplus lipstick tubes, had the electronics inserted within and therefore made it the lowest cost guitar pickup in the industry at the time.
The current production pickups are not made using surplus lipstick tubes, but rather using tubes machined especially to match their original design. It is crafted from a single-coil magnetic guitar pickup, which has its electronics totally encased in a chrome-plated metal tube. These renowned pickups allow you to achieve a rich sound.
- ’59 DC Shorthorn shape hollow body
- The best sounding resonator guitar ever
- ‘56 Lipstick® pickup and Piezo pickup mounted in cone
- Diamond plate cover for enhanced tone.
- Volume, tone, and pickup “blend” controls
Body & Bridge:
- Technology:Hollow body
- Body Shape:’59 Double Cut Shorthorn shape
- Body Material:Masonite
- Bridge Style: Biscuit Bridge
Neck & Fingerboard:
- Neck Finish: Clear Satin
- Neck Shape:"C" Shape
- Neck Construction:Bolt-on neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25″
- No. of Frets Total: 21
- Cover: Diamond Plate
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Dot Inlays
Hardware and Electronics:
- Neck Pickup:Danelectro 56 Lipstick
- Bridge Pickup: Piezo mounted in the Cone
- Controls:1 master volume, 1 master tone, 1 blend pot (Lipstick® or Piezo or both in center)
*Case not Included
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.