Danelectro 64 Electric Guitar, Metallic Orange
Danelectro 64 Electric Guitar, Metallic OrangeDetails
The Danelectro 64 Electric Guitar is a stellar reproduction of the 1960's classic. The vintage appearance features die cast replicas of original hat-style control knobs, as well as a vibrant Metallic Orange finish. Its retro characteristics are further enhanced by the chrome-plated hardware and the contrasting cream-coloured pickguard. When it comes to playing comfort however, the Danelectro 64 embraces the present day with a wider, flatter neck profile which allows an easier playing style. Other notable retro features include the Bigsby vibrato tremolo and a zero fret that gives the open strings a truer ring. This vintage inspired guitar is ideal for any level of player, especially someone wanting an authentic 1960s powerful crunch. Available in a range of different colours, all at Gear4music.
Product Ref: 74645View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Danelectro 64 has a versatile sound that can be used for many different applications. It’s warm, chimes perfectly and is great for pop, country and jazz. When combined with both bridge pickup settings, it offers much more flexibility and signature sounds.
Vintage Inspired Appearance
One of the most striking features of the Danelectro 64, is its classic vintage look. It takes its inspiration from the original Mosrite style guitars from the 1960's, but includes modern upgrades. The authentic detail is very accurate with this model, including die cast replicas of original hat-style control knobs, and the zero fret which is renowned for featuring on vintage guitars.
The Danelectro 64 features a zero fret, which is an extra fret located directly in front of the nut. It serves solely to keep the strings spaced properly. The strings rest on top of the zero fret, which can be higher than the other frets. They are regarded today as an antiquated feature, and they usually appear on a small number of instruments as an item of vintage-style authenticity. A zero fret isn’t merely a cosmetic touch, as it serves a subtle purpose appreciated by discerning players.
Featuring Dual humbucking Lipstick Pickups and a vintage style single coil. The lipstick-tube pickup was first introduced by Danelectro on their line of electric guitars. The original lipstick-tube pickups were, in fact, manufactured using surplus lipstick tubes that were bought from a cosmetics manufacturer , and featured on many original Danelectro guitars. These surplus lipstick tubes, had the electronics inserted within and therefore made it the lowest cost guitar pickup in the industry at the time.
The current production pickups are not made using surplus lipstick tubes, but rather using tubes machined especially to match their original design. It is crafted from a single-coil magnetic guitar pickup, which has its electronics totally encased in a chrome-plated metal tube. These renowned pickups allow you to achieve a rich and round sound. The use of the dual humbucking lipstick pickup in the bridge position provides a powerful crunch.
The Bigsby is an ideal alternative and, will deliver vintage-style bends while the guitar remains in tune. The Bigsby vibrato tailpiece is a type of mechanical vibrato device for electric guitar designed by Paul A. Bigsby. The device allows musicians to bend the pitch of notes or entire chords with their pick hand for various effects.
The arm of the Bigsby is spring loaded and attached to a pivoting metal bar, around which the strings of the guitar are installed. In the neutral or unused position, the pressure of the spring counterbalances the pull of the strings, resulting in constant pitch when the strings are played. When the arm of the Bigsby is pushed down towards the top of the guitar, the bridge rocks forward causing the strings to loosen, lowering their pitch. When the arm is released, the strings return to normal pitch. The arm may also be lifted slightly to raise the pitch of the strings. The Bigsby is highly controllable within its range of motion and usually requires little force to operate. It is ideally suited to musicians who use slow, subtle, or extended bends.
- Dual humbucking Lipstick Pickup and Vintage style single coil
- Bigsby Licensed Tremolo Tailpiece
- Die-Cast Replicas of Original hat Knobs and Peanut Neck Plate
- Masonite and Formica Neck and Body
- Roller Saddles on the bridge keeps the guitar in tune
- Zero Fret, 25 Inch Scale
- Wide and Flat Profile Neck for ease of playing
- Body Shape:Reversed double cutaway offset horn
- Body Material: Masonite
- Body Colour:Metallic Orange
- Neck Shape: Bolted Maple Neck C-Shape
- Scale Length: 25"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 22
- Nut Width: 42mm / 1.65"
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Harware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup:Dual Humbucking Lipstick
- Neck Pickup:Vintage Style Single Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone(die cast replicas)
- Pickup Switching: Push Pull 3 way pickup switch
- Bridge:Fully adjustable roller bridge
- Vibrato:Bigsby Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Style Tuners
- Hardware Color: Chrome Plated
- Pickguard: White
*Case/Bag not included
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.