Danelectro DC59M Spruce Electric Guitar, Chianti
Danelectro DC59M Spruce Electric Guitar, ChiantiDetails
The Danelectro DC59M Spruce Electric Guitar is reissue of the 59 model with modern updates. The guitar features a spruce soundboard with offset sound hole giving the guitar a more resonance. The DC59M Spruce is equipped with two lipstick pickups with concentric volume/tone knobs, and an adjustable wraparound bridge for setting intonation with a springy wraparound feel. Its Chianti finish and contrasting White pickguard maintain the retro appearance of the original model, and the lipstick pickups provide an authentic 1950's Danelectro tone.
Product Ref: 74631View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Danelectro DC59M, has been a popular guitar range since the late fifties and has been used by many artists through the years including Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix. The '59M Spruce tweaks the original formula with a newly added spruce soundboard and offset soundhole. The Rosewood fingerboard allow easy access to the higher frets, making it an ideal choice for many different level players. The design maintains its retro origins and is now available for the next generation of guitarists.
The lipstick-tube pickup was first introduced by Danelectro on their line of electric guitars. The original lipstick-tube pickups were, in fact, manufactured using surplus lipstick tubes that were bought from a cosmetics manufacturer , and featured on many original Danelectro guitars. These surplus lipstick tubes, had the electronics inserted within and therefore made it the lowest cost guitar pickup in the industry at the time.
The current production pickups are not made using surplus lipstick tubes, but rather using tubes machined especially to match their original design. It is crafted from a single-coil magnetic guitar pickup, which has its electronics totally encased in a chrome-plated metal tube. These renowned pickups allow you to achieve a rich and round sound.
- Two 56 Lipstick pickups for authentic 1950’s Danelectro tone
- Solid Spruce Top and Frame with offset sound hole
- Fully adjustable wraparound bridge
- ’59 DC Shorthorn shape
- Available in Chianti with Contrasting White Pickguard
- Body Shape: 59 DC Shorthorn shape
- Body Top: Spruce soundboard with offset sound hole
- Body Material: Masonite
- Body Colour:Chianti
- Neck Shape: Bolted Maple Neck C-Shape
- Scale Length: 25″
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 21
- Nut Width: 42mm / 1.65"
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Harware & Electronics
- Pickups:2 x ‘56 Lipstick® pickups
- Controls: 2 stacked volume/tone controls
- Pickup Switching: 3 way pickup switch
- Bridge:Fully adjustable wraparound bridge
- Tuning Machines: Kluson Style Tuners
- Hardware Color: Silver
- Pickguard: White
*Case/Bag not included
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.