The Dirty Robot is a worthy successor to the Synth Wah, but it also has some great new features. In addition to the concentric controls there's also a new Drift Knob that allows you to blend Square Wave with Sub and Octave sounds for even more variety.
To maximise tweakability, a concentric potentiometer features two knobs for MIX/MOD control. The inner MIX knob controls the amount of effect added to the dry (unprocessed) signal. Turning the knob clockwise adds more effect, whereas turning the knob counterclockwise decreases effect. The outer MOD knob adds chorus modulation to the synth signal for classic thickening.
The Dirty Robot’s unique, momentary vibrato allows the effect to be available to the player on-demand via the footswitch. When depressed, the synth signal will modulate with vibrato much like a mod wheel on a keyboard synth, great for emphasising specific notes or building crescendos. When the footswitch is released, the active/green LED will change to red and the vibrato will stop.
A Drift Knob rotates a full 360 to control morphing between sub, octave and square waveforms. The inner sensitivity knob on the concentric potentiometer sets the trigger sensitivity for synth sweep. Higher settings increase the sensitivity making it easier to trigger the sweep. The outer time knob sets the time for the sweep between the points set with the start and stop knobs, allowing the player to fully customise the synth sweep effect.
The Dirty Robot comes with an included StompLock™, which keeps the settings where the player desires, as well as a pedalboard hook-and-loop pad, designed to attach to surfaces found on most commercial pedalboards.
- Two voices, Synth and Vocal Formant
- Drift Knob blends Square Wave with Octave and Sub
- 3 concentric knobs give you tons of control in a small form factor
- Momentary switch to access virtual “mod wheel”
- Stereo inputs and outputs
- True bypass
- Custom-cut Hook and Loop Pedalboard Pad
- Controls: Mix, Modulation, Drift, Start, Stop, Sensitivity, Time, Effect on/off Footswitch
- Indicators: Effect on/off LED
- Inputs: 2 x ¼” instrument
- Input Impedance: Effect on: >1 MΩ (stereo), >500 kΩ (mono); Effect off: >1 MΩ (stereo), >500 kΩ (mono); Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Outputs: 2 x ¼” instrument
- Output Impedance: Effect on: 1 kΩ; Effect off: 1 kΩ; Effect off: True hardwire bypass
- Power Requirements: 9 VDC external power supply (required)
- Power Consumption: 675 mW (Current Draw: 75 mA (typical at 9 VDC)
- Power Supply Model: PS0913DC-01 (US, JA, EU); PS0913DC-02 (AU, UK)
- Power Supply Output: 9 VDC 1.3 A
- Dimensions: 4.40” (L) x 2.65” (W) x 2.0” (H); 11.18cm (L) x 6.73cm (W) x 5.08cm (H)
- Weight: 1 lb; 0.453 kg