EarthQuaker Devices Palisades Dual Overdrive and Boost
EarthQuaker Devices Palisades Dual Overdrive and BoostDetails
Product Ref: 72698View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The 6 clipping voice options featured in the EarthQuaker Palisades control how open and transparent, or tight and crunchy the distortion is. The gain level will heavily influence how this sounds, along with the bandwidth and channel selection. The bandwidth dial really makes the Palisades unique and sets it apart, it determines the frequency response of the distortion, ranging through light treble sound to a thick and heavy crunch.
When it comes to the two channels, gain A offers a lower gain with a dirty grit perfect for strumming those angry, but audible, rock chords. Gain B is a mighty high gain option for shredding face-melting solos, palm muting and producing colossal walls of distorted, overdriven noise. The Palisades also features an adjustable, foot switchable level boost to take it way over the top when you need to throw your foot up on the monitor and just rip your screeching leads, or simply drive the front end of you amp a little harder. If all of this wasn't enough already, a normal/bright switch allows perfect tweaking of tone to match any amplifier or guitar, and a buffer on/off switch tightens up your sound making it sparkle when set to ON, or creates a warm 'sag' when set to OFF.
Bright LED indicators mean you stay in control even on the darkest of stages, and to top it all off the pedal is handmade in Ohio, USA to a supreme quality.
- Boost: Sets the level of the output boost
- Volume: Sets the output level
- Tone: Brighter chime clockwise, warmer anti-clockwise
- Gain A: Sets the gain for the Channel A
- Gain B: Sets the gain for Channel B
- Activate: True bypass switch
- Gain B: Activates Gain Channel B
- Boost: Activates the output level boost
- Normal/Bright: Normal for a warm full tone, Bright for a lively, jangly tone.
- Buffer: Turns the input buffer on/off. On is a tighter and brighter tone while Off is a warmer tone with more sag. The buffer is part of the drive circuit & is only available when the Palisades is activated.
- Bandwidth: Sets the overall tone and gain structure of the Palisades. 1 is the thinnest setting with the least amount of gain and 5 is the fattest with the heaviest gain. Everything else lies between. This control has a major effect on all the settings of the Palisades, especially the gain and voice.
- Voice: Sets the nature of the Palisades distortion by changing the clipping diodes.
- 1-No diodes: The most open and least distorted
- 2-LED clipping: Light clipping with loads of volume
- 3-Mosfet clipping: Light gain overdrive with great harmonics
- 4-Asymmetrical Silicon clipping: Tighter light gain overdrive, closest to the stock TS808
- 5-Symmetrical silicon clipping: Tighter distorted tone
- 6-Schottky Diode clipping: Loose, fuzzy tone
- Size: 5.5" x 4.5" x 2.5" with knobs
- Connections: ¼" input and output
- Power: Requires 9V DC power supply
- Current Draw: 30 mA
- Construction: Built by hand in Ohio, USA
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.