EarthQuaker Devices Rainbow Machine Pitch Shifting Harmonizer
EarthQuaker Devices Rainbow Machine Pitch Shifting HarmonizerDetails
Product Ref: 72700View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Rainbow Machine takes modern DSP and uses it as a tool of future past to create real time pitch shifting using digital oscillators. It produces basic polyphonic harmonies from a 4th down through a 3rd up and every atonal pitch in between that you could dream of. You can add in an accompanying octave of the harmony by dialing up the Secondary function. You can take the harmonies way beyond and open up a realm of new sonic possibilities by bringing in the Magic. In tandem with the Tracking control, the Magic creates wild pitch take offs and descents, chaotic choruses, shrieks, pixie trails and plethora of other mayhem inducing noises. The pitch can be controlled by an external expression pedal for extra fun!
Bright LED indicators mean you always stay in control even on the darkest of stages, a true bypass, all analog signal path ensures an amazingly pure and natural tone straight from your instrument, and to top it all off the pedal is handmade in Ohio, USA to a supreme level of quality. If you're in search of a crazy, over the top sound creating device, the EarthQuaker Rainbow Machine is the pedal for you.
Also works really well with keyboards, bass, vocals, drum machines and just about anything else you can plug in.
- Pitch: Controls the pitch of the harmony. Fully anti-clockwise is a 4th down, all the way clockwise is a 3rd up. Middle position is unison. Pitch can be controlled by an external expression pedal.
- Exp Jack: Expression pedal control jack for the pitch. Pitch control dial becomes void when an expression pedal is used.
- Primary: Controls the volume of the Primary pitch-shifted signal. Unity gain is at about 2 o’clock, anything above will boost the signal.
- Secondary: Controls the volume of the secondary pitch-shifted signal. The Secondary controls the octave up/down from the primary pitch. At noon position the Secondary is not present at all. However, turning the dial anti-clockwise from noon provides an octave below, whereas turning clockwise gives an octave above and everything in between. Unity gain is at about 2 o’clock, anything above will boost the signal.
- Tracking: Controls the amount of lag time between direct dry signal and the shifted wet signal. The pitch-shifted signal will track right on the dry signal when this control is all the way clockwise. It will start to lag behind as it's reduced. This function is especially useful when 'Magic' is engaged.
- Magic: The heart of the Rainbow Machine. Adjusts the 'weirdness' of the effect. The end result is a wide variety of wild effects depending on how the other controls are set. The magic control will only work if the magic switch is activated and the primary and/or secondary are in use. Technically, it’s a regeneration control that creates aliasing between a mix of the primary and secondary functions feeding back against each other.
- Tone: All the way clockwise is full signal, anti-clockwise softens the highs.
- Connections: ¼" input, output and expression pedal connections
- Power: Requires 9V DC power supply
- Current Draw: 60 mA
- Construction: Built by hand in Ohio, USA
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.