EarthQuaker Devices The Warden Optical Compressor
EarthQuaker Devices The Warden Optical CompressorDetails
Product Ref: 72710View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Optical compression is renowned for giving more character than VCA or FET based compression units, and The Warden is definitely no different.
A bright LED indicator means you always stay in control even on the darkest of stages, a true bypass signal path ensures an amazingly pure and natural tone straight from your instrument, and to top it all off the pedal is handmade in Ohio, USA to a supreme level of quality. When it comes to choosing a compressor for your pedal board, there's not much that can rival the versatility of the EarthQuaker Warden.
- Tone: Slightly colours your tone, the colouration can be dialed to your taste. Anti-clockwise is treble cut, clockwise is treble boost. Tone is nearly flat around 11 O’Clock.
- Level: Controls the overall output, affected by the sustain and ratio settings. No specific unity setting, adjust to taste when you find the perfect compression setting
- Sustain: The heart of The Warden. Controls how hot the signal is, which changes the dynamics of the compression. The Warden is a feedback style compressor, the hotter the signal, the more active compression. Very little sustain means very little compression, smaller attack and release and a cooler signal, Max sustain means heavy compression, longer sustain, hotter signal and more lively attack and release.
- Ratio: Determines how much gain reduction affects the signal. Dialed up is full compression and is reduced as you turn anti-clockwise which allows more of the boosted, less compressed, signal to shine through. No defined ratios here.
- Attack: Controls how quickly the device reacts and starts compressing the signal. All the way anti-clockwise is an almost immediate reaction. Turning clockwise slows the reaction time.
- Release Controls how long it takes the signal to raise back up to the level determined by the sustain & ratio settings. Fully anti-clockwise is a fast release and the release time slows as you turn clockwise.
- Size: 4 5/8" x 2 1/2" x 2.25" with knobs
- Connections: ¼" input and output
- Power: Requires 9V DC Power Supply
- Current Draw: 20 mA
- Construction: Built by hand in Ohio, USA
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.