Epiphone Casino Archtop Electric Guitar, Cherry
Epiphone Casino Archtop Electric Guitar, CherryDetails
The Epiphone Casino Electric Guitar is perhaps one of the most influential guitars in Epiphone's history, producing the very same sparkling sound and timeless look that have made it the go-to guitar for two generations of artists including Paul McCartney, Paul Weller, Noel Gallagher, Keith Richards and Gary Clark, Jr. The traditional 5-ply Maple body is paired with a Mahogany neck to deliver comfortable playability and the iconic Casino tone. The Alnico P-90 dogear pickups offer a stellar combination of high output and biting treble response. Other features include body and fingerboard binding around the Rosewood fretboard and distinctive parallelogram inlays, a white pickguard bearing the iconic Epiphone ?E? logo and vintage-style Epiphone tuning machines.
Product Ref: 13261View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Casino Story
For the Epiphone Company of 1961, the Casino was a small breakthrough. After the merger with Gibson in 1957, Epiphone moved away from making large archtops. A new era of music had arrived. The introduction of the Casino was a modern design that announced that Epiphone’s unique history would continue separate from Gibson’s. Though from a distance the Casino had the look of an ES-335, the Casino was a true hollowbody giving players a clear, ringing tone that could be pushed into overdrive when needed. It was an ideal guitar for stage and studio and can be heard on many landmark recordings including The Beatles’ Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band and The Beach Boys’ Pet Sounds.
Maybe it’s purely coincidental that at the same time that the Casino was in its planning stages at Epiphone headquarters in Kalamazoo, Michigan, the Beatles were starting their historic run at the Hamburg Star Club. By 1964, the Beatles were stars and when Paul McCartney went shopping for a new guitar that could feed back, he reached for a Casino. John Lennon and George Harrison soon bought their own and used their Casinos on stage and at Abbey Road throughout the band’s career. Carl Wilson of the Beach Boys, Paul Weller of the Jam, and Noel Gallagher of Oasis are just a few of the players who have made great records with Casinos.
Body & Bridge
- Body: 5-Ply Maple
- Top: 5-Ply Maple
- Bracing: Basswood Top Bracing
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Trapeze
- Finish: Cherry (CH)
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: SlimTaper™ ''D''
- Neck Joint: Set Neck, Glued-In at 16th Fret
- Scale Length: 24.75''
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12''
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Inlays: Parallelogram
- Nut Width: 1.68''
- Headstock: Small Sloped with Beveled Sides (14°)
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware: Chrome
- Machine Heads: Small Button, Vintage-Style Epiphone
- Neck Pickup: Alnico Dogear P-90T Classic™
- Bridge Pickup: Alnico Dogear P-90R Classic™
- Pickup Switching: 3-Way, Epiphone Toggle
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone
- Knobs: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply, White/Black/White
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.