Epiphone Deluxe Masterbilt Century, Vintage Natural
Epiphone Deluxe Masterbilt Century, Vintage NaturalDetails
The Epiphone Deluxe Masterbilt Century is a large body electro acoustic guitar, that has a full tone capable of cutting through any mix. The renowned archtop guitar has been reinvented combining 21st Century acoustic guitar electronics such as a eSonic pre-amp system, and an under-saddle pickup. It is the first collection of archtop electro acoustic guitars designed to be played and amplified as true acoustic instruments. Taking its inspiration from the 1930's style Masterbilt archtops, it features an arched Spruce top with replica pickguard, a classic round sound hole and Vintage natural finish. The sound of the new Masterbilt Century guitars will be a revelation for flattop guitarists who have only played old plywood archtops.
Product Ref: 74832View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A Sound Revelation to Archtop Guitarists
Archtop acoustic guitars of the 1930's were renowned for their warm woody tones, wide tonal range and punchy volume until the electric pickup came along. From then on archtop acoustic guitars became equipped with magnetic amplification and transformed into "electric" guitars. With the new Epiphone Deluxe Masterbilt Century, we can see that this technology has come a long way. Featuring a cutting edge eSonic HD pre-amp system and Shadow NanoFlex Under-saddle pickup it is now possible for archtop players to hear their instrument amplified exactly as they hear it unplugged.
Large Body Profile
The Epiphone Deluxe Masterbilt Century has a large body profile, capable of producing a strong full tone. Modeled on original Epiphone archtops, its unique body features a 17" lower bout, a 12.6" upper bout, a 10.25" waist and a 21" body length. With its classic round sound hole, the Deluxe has a deeper bass and an overall fuller tone compared to most archtops on the market.
Epiphone have really outdone themselves with this guitar, and know that appearance is just as important as sound. Available in a beautiful Vintage-natural finish, which keeps its traditional 1930's inspired look. The fretboard features a notched diamond pearloid inlay, which also adds to the overall authenticity of this instrument.
Pre-amp System and Under-saddle Pickup
The Epiphone Deluxe Masterbilt Century not only provides you with beautiful vintage-style instrument, but also sounds amazing un-amplified on a small stage or in the studio. With the new cutting edge eSonic pre-amp system and a Shadow NanoFlex under-saddle pickup, it is now possible to hear the amplified sound exactly as you would hear it unplugged. No archtop player has ever heard an acoustic guitar more accurately represented through a sound system before until now, thanks to this clever technology. It works by simultaneously picking up both the vibrations of the strings and the movement of the soundboard, and produces natural-sounding acoustic tones without the harshness of conventional electric pickups.The Under-saddle pickup has easy-to-access controls for Master Volume and Master EQ, allowing you complete control over how much sound is amplified. The pre-amp system is powered by a standard 9-volt battery that is easy to access, and easy to replace.
The Deluxe comes with Epiphone Re-issue Tuners with marboloid buttons with an upgraded 18:1 tuning ratio for fast and accurate tuning. The tuners are mounted on an Epiphone Dovewing headstock with Pearloid "Banner" logos. Unlike many vintage archtops on the market, the Deluxe has a dual action truss rod for easy and perfect set-up. The Ebonoid Bridge is manufactured from a synthesized material that has the grain-like texture and look of Ebony but is harder and more reliable for years of playing, ensuring a good quality instrument.
- Laminated Flame Maple Archtop with a solid Spruce top
- Equipped with eSonic HD pre-amp and under-Saddle
- Inspired by legendary Epiphone designs from the 1930's
- Removable Tortoise-style pickguard included
- Epiphone limited lifetime warranty
Body & Bridge
- Body: Laminated Flame Maple
- Top: Solid Spruce; Longitudinal Bracing
- Bridge: Floating Adjustable; Ebonoid
- Tailpiece:Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Colour:Vintage Natural
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: 5-pc Laminated; Hard Maple/Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Rounded "C" shape
- Neck Joint: Dovetail; Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 1-layer
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid "Notched Diamond"
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Headstock Inlay: Historic Epiphone Dovewing with Pearloid "Banner" logos
Electronics & Hardware
- Pre-amp: eSonic HD (High Definition)
- Pickup: Shadow NanoFlex HD; Under-saddle
- Controls: Master Volume & Master EQ
- Tuners: Historic Epiphone Reissue Tuners with Marboloid "Crown" buttons; Improved to 18:1 ratio
- Power: 9 Volt Battery
- Strings: Cleartone; 12-53
*A tortoise-style pickguard is included with this guitar and comes unattached for user preference and transportation.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.