Epiphone Explorer EX with EMG's, Ebony
Epiphone Explorer EX with EMG's, EbonyDetails
Along with its distinctive shape, this Epiphone Explorer features EMG pickups, a solid mahogany body and a SlimTaper "D" Profile neck. This guitar comes in a Ebony finish.
Product Ref: 31262View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The futurist 1984 Explorer EX features a distinctive body shape, which was first introduced that suits hard rock and metal players. This update of the classic design combined with high output EMG pickups, makes the "1984" a whole new Explorer.
The guitar has a solid mahogany body, allowing for a light but balanced weight which works great for long hours on stage and in rehearsal. The mahogany wood also provides the 1984 EX with subtle tonal shades and a biting sustain when the guitar is played at loud volume. The Explorer EX boasts a hand-fitted and glued-in neck with a 24.75" scale. On top is a rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets. This guitar has no pickguard, leaving a sleek look and it comes in an Ebony finish.
The 1984 EX is equipped with an EMG-85 neck pickup and an active EMG-81 bridge pickup, both with Alnico magnet-loaded coils. Expect beefy low end and a fat top end. Get great lead guitar high volume overdrive with the the EMG-81 bridge pickup. You get distortion during lead passages that are consistent with long sustain and smooth breakup fades. The active EMG pickups are superb at pushing any amp into overdrive. Combine the neck and bridge pickups for a head-ringing combo that will cut through any stage volume. It's easy to change the active pickup's 9-volt battery, thanks to the hinged compartment on the back.
Tune-O-Matic Bridge and More
This guitar features all black hardware with Master Volume and Master Tone. It has Epiphone's trademark LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and LockTone StopBar tailpiece, providing solid string tension and quick tuning accuracy.
Body & Bridge
- Species: Mahogany
- Colour: Ebony
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: StopBar
- Species: Mahogany
- Shape: SlimTaper "D" Profile
- Scale: 24.75"
- Machine Heads: Grover® with small metal buttons
- Species: Rosewood
- Radius: 14"
- Neck Pickup: Active EMG-85
- Bridge Pickup: Active EMG-81
- Controls: 1-Master Volume, 1-Master Tone, 1-Bridge Volume
- Battery: 9-volt, hinged compartment in back
- Pickup Selector: Epiphone all-metal 3-way toggle switch
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.