Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Pro, Natural
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Pro, NaturalDetails
Product Ref: 68009View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The Select Spruce and classic "arch" give this guitar its killer tone. The back and sides are made from Laminated Flame Maple and the top is finished with a bound tortoise style pickguard shaped to House of Stathopoulo's unique profile along with Epiphone's signature metal "E".
The Emperor-II PRO features a hand-set 3 piece laminated hard Maple neck with a Rosewood fingerboard that has beautiful pearloid block inlays, 20 medium jumbo frets and is topped off with the Epiphone vintage "tree of life" design seen on the best Epi archtops since the late 1930s.
The Emperor-II PRO features the new Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut that is as hard as bone but will last a lifetime. Graphtech engineers each NuBone XL™ nut for consistent tone and string balance as well as precise string spacing.
The Emperor-II PRO has Grover™ Rotomatic™ 18:1 ratio machine heads for fast, intuitive, and worry-free tuning. The black and white truss rod cover has an elegantly lettered "Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO" in white.
Epiphone ProBucker pickups have that sought-for elusive tone because they are made with the same alloy as the originals - 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers - along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
The Emperor-II PRO has a ProBucker-2™ in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3™ in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-splitting via their individual volume controls. Coil-splitting allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single coil pickup for endless tone combinations. The Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO also sounds great unplugged and at low volume for players who strive for those classic horn-like tones like Joe Pass played.
Each ProBucker pickup's volume and tone are attenuated by Top Hat control knobs with metal inserts that are spaced slightly farther apart than a typical archtop along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-colored toggle cap.
The Emperor-II PRO has rock solid nickel hardware in elegant gold and a vintage style gold scroll tailpiece, a design inspired by vintage Kalamazoo-made archtops. The Emperor-II PRO is strung at the factory with Joe Pass-approved D'Addario® 10-46 gauge strings. Setting the intonation for the Emperor-II PRO is easy with a floating Rosewood bridge with thumbwheels for quick height adjustment.
Joe Pass is considered one of the greatest jazz guitarists of the 20th century. He was well known for his use of walking basslines, melodic counterpoint during improvisation, chord-melody style of playing and outstanding knowledge of chord inversions and progressions. He opened up new possibilities for the jazz guitar and had a profound influence on later guitarists.
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Select Spruce, Arched with Hand-Scalloped Bracing and Sound Post
- Back Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Side Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Binding: Top: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Back: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Neck: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black)
- Bridge: Floating Rosewood, Thumbwheel Adjustable Height
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: 3-pc Laminated Hard Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper™, C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with Pearloid Block Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20, Medium-Jumbo
Pickups & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Controls: Bridge Volume with coil-splitting, Neck Volume with coil-splitting, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector (toggle), Ivory Toggle Cap
- Tailpiece: "Vintage Scroll" Trapeze
- Nut: Graphtech® NuBone XL™
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Rotomatic™, 18:1 Ratio
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with Metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply (Black/White), "Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with Metal Inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario® 10-46 Guage
- Typical Weight: 7.0 lbs
- Options: Hard Case
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.