Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Pro, Natural
Epiphone Joe Pass Emperor II Pro, NaturalDetails
Product Ref: 68009View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Select Spruce and classic "arch" give this guitar its killer tone. The back and sides are made from Laminated Flame Maple and the top is finished with a bound tortoise style pickguard shaped to House of Stathopoulo's unique profile along with Epiphone's signature metal "E".
The Emperor-II PRO features a hand-set 3 piece laminated hard Maple neck with a Rosewood fingerboard that has beautiful pearloid block inlays, 20 medium jumbo frets and is topped off with the Epiphone vintage "tree of life" design seen on the best Epi archtops since the late 1930s.
The Emperor-II PRO features the new Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut that is as hard as bone but will last a lifetime. Graphtech engineers each NuBone XL™ nut for consistent tone and string balance as well as precise string spacing.
The Emperor-II PRO has Grover™ Rotomatic™ 18:1 ratio machine heads for fast, intuitive, and worry-free tuning. The black and white truss rod cover has an elegantly lettered "Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO" in white.
Epiphone ProBucker pickups have that sought-for elusive tone because they are made with the same alloy as the originals - 18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers - along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
The Emperor-II PRO has a ProBucker-2™ in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3™ in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-splitting via their individual volume controls. Coil-splitting allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single coil pickup for endless tone combinations. The Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO also sounds great unplugged and at low volume for players who strive for those classic horn-like tones like Joe Pass played.
Each ProBucker pickup's volume and tone are attenuated by Top Hat control knobs with metal inserts that are spaced slightly farther apart than a typical archtop along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-colored toggle cap.
The Emperor-II PRO has rock solid nickel hardware in elegant gold and a vintage style gold scroll tailpiece, a design inspired by vintage Kalamazoo-made archtops. The Emperor-II PRO is strung at the factory with Joe Pass-approved D'Addario® 10-46 gauge strings. Setting the intonation for the Emperor-II PRO is easy with a floating Rosewood bridge with thumbwheels for quick height adjustment.
Joe Pass is considered one of the greatest jazz guitarists of the 20th century. He was well known for his use of walking basslines, melodic counterpoint during improvisation, chord-melody style of playing and outstanding knowledge of chord inversions and progressions. He opened up new possibilities for the jazz guitar and had a profound influence on later guitarists.
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Select Spruce, Arched with Hand-Scalloped Bracing and Sound Post
- Back Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Side Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Binding: Top: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Back: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Neck: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black)
- Bridge: Floating Rosewood, Thumbwheel Adjustable Height
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: 3-pc Laminated Hard Maple
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper™, C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with Pearloid Block Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 20, Medium-Jumbo
Pickups & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Controls: Bridge Volume with coil-splitting, Neck Volume with coil-splitting, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector (toggle), Ivory Toggle Cap
- Tailpiece: "Vintage Scroll" Trapeze
- Nut: Graphtech® NuBone XL™
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Rotomatic™, 18:1 Ratio
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with Metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply (Black/White), "Joe Pass Emperor-II PRO" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with Metal Inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario® 10-46 Guage
- Typical Weight: 7.0 lbs
- Options: Hard Case
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.