Epiphone Ltd Ed Tony Iommi SG Custom Electric Guitar, Ebony
Epiphone Ltd Ed Tony Iommi SG Custom Electric Guitar, EbonyDetails
Product Ref: 59831View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Designed by Rock Royalty
The Epiphone Ltd Ed Tony Iommi SG Custom Electric Guitar, Ebony is a killer limited edition custom SG designed by the "Godfather of Heavy Metal" himself: Black Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi. Every shredder's idol since Black Sabbath's debut in 1970, Tony Iommi has helped to make the "SG" the iconic guitar for Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, with dozens of all-time classic riffs.
"This guitar sounds like I want it to sound on stage," said Iommi. "I play it at home in the studio as well. It uses my signature pickups, which we worked on for quite a while over the years. It's got a great fretboard with a really nice feel. And, it's just a really classy looking guitar."
Based on a Legend
The original SG was first released in 1960 as a replacement for the Les Paul Standard. The SG's smooth frets, lightweight body, distinctive "horns" and long scale made it a must-have for lead guitarists like Pete Townshend (The Who), Eric Clapton, and Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath). This limited edition model also features an Ebony fingerboard with pearloid "Cross" inlays designed by Tony with 24 medium-jumbo frets, an adjustable truss rod, and a black graphite nut. Each Epiphone Limited Edition Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom comes with a hand signed certificate of authenticity, binder and photograph.
Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbuckers
For his new Ltd. Ed. signature Epiphone, the "Godfather of Heavy Metal" chose his own Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbuckers for both the lead and rhythm positions. The Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker was Gibson?s first Signature Series pickup and features both Alnico II and Ceramic magnets with special windings for an incredible sustain and full-shred tone. Each pickup is fully wax-potted and epoxied for absolute protection against unwanted feedback. Both pickups are powered by SG-style controls with Black ?Top Hat? knobs with metal inserts and an Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector with a black toggle cap.
Rock Solid Hardware
As with all Epiphones, the Ltd. Ed. Tony Iommi Signature SG Custom comes with rock solid nickel hardware including a rim-mounted Epiphone Heavy-Duty chrome metal jack plate, premium die-cast machine heads with a 14:1 ratio and Metal Tulip Buttons, and a classic LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge Stopbar tailpiece for incredible sustain and reliability.
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Bridge: LockTone™ Tune-o-matic/Stopbar
- Colour: Ebony (gloss)
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960's SlimTaper™; D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued In; Deep-Set Neck Joint with smooth transition heel
- Headstock: "Epiphone" logo in Pearloid "Pineapple" inlay in Pearloid
- Back of Headstock: "Tony Iommi" signature in silver "Epiphone Limited Edition" logo in silver
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Layer; Black/White; Bell-Shaped; Blank
- Nut: Black; Graphite
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Pearloid "Cross" Inlays
- Frets: 24; Medium/Jumbo
- Binding: Fingerboard - 1 ply (Pure White)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Electronics & Hardware
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Tony Iommi Signature Humbucker
- Epiphone All-metal 3-way Pickup Selector with black toggle cap
- Neck Pickup Volume
- Bridge Pickup Volume
- Neck Pickup Tone
- Bridge Pickup Tone
- Nut Width: 1.68"
- Hardware: Nickel
- Machine Heads: Premium Die-cast; 14:1 ratio; Metal Tulip Buttons
- Pickguard: 3-Layer; Black/White/Black
- Knobs: Black "Top Hats" with metal inserts
- Output Jack: Rim-mounted; Epiphone Heavy-Duty with chrome, metal jack plate
- Strap Buttons: Yes
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.