Epiphone Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom 6 String Electric Guitar
Epiphone Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom 6 String Electric GuitarDetails
A new and totally killer original take on an iconic instrument, Trivium's Matt Heafy takes the on the world-famous Les Paul.
Product Ref: 33859View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Designed in close collaboration with Matt Heafy, each Limited Edition Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom reflects his distinctive approach to the guitar, which has earned him and his band Trivium scores of dedicated fans all over the globe.
The rule books on how to play a Les Paul have been thrown out the window with Heafy's Custom LP, a breakthrough in contemporary metal and hard rock.
Featuring an all blacked-out Ebony gloss finish, the Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom has a striking and sleek profile. Like all great Les Pauls, this 6-string Limited Edition custom features a mahogany body with a plain maple veneer top, a time-tested combination that has gone virtually unchanged since the '50s.
The mahogany neck has a fast 1960's SlimTaper 'D' profile with glued-in deep set neck joint with an 'Axcess' heel for a smooth and easy reach to the upper frets. Pearloid black inlays practically glow in the dark against the Ebony finish.
Epiphone's no-compromise electronics feature heavily, including a 1/4" non-rotating output jack and volume and tones controls with Black Speed Knobs that are powered by full-size 500Kohm potentiometers. The pickup switch is Epiphone's all-metal 3-way pickup selector with a black toggle cap.
Matt Heafy asked that his Les Paul Custom features black active EMG pickups, voiced especially for each guitar's unique profile. The Ltd. Ed. Matt Heafy Les Paul features an EMG-85 in the neck position and an EMG 81 in the bridge position. The 81 is EMG's king high-output pickup, designed for detailed intensity, incredible amounts of high-end cut and fluid sustain.
The EMG-85 features Alnico-V magnets providing a slightly more rounded tone. The classic combination of an EMG 81 with an EMG 85 in a Les Paul Custom offers metal guitarists an incredible array of extreme possibilities.
With Epiphone hardware that's built to last, the Matt Heafy Les Paul Custom includes StrapLocks and a Tune-o-matic-/Stopbar bridge. It also features deluxe die-cast machine heads with metal 'tulip buttons' and a 14:1 tuning ratio.
Heafy says, "My idea was to create a guitar that could withstand a brutal around-the-world tour schedule and also one that I would be able to record with in delicate technical proficiency."
Features and Specifications
- Body: Mahogany
- Top: Plain Maple Veneer
- Bridge: Tune-o-matic-/Stopbar
- -Body Top - 7 ply (white/black)
- -Headstock - 5 ply (white/black)
- -Fingerboard - 1 ply (white)
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: 1960's SlimTaper D profile
- Neck Joint: Glued in at deep-set neck joint with "Axcess" heel
- Truss Rod: Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-ply (black/white); "MKH Les Paul Custom" in white
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid block inlays
- Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut width: 1.68
- Neck Pickup: EMG-85
- Bridge Pickup: EMG-81
- Controls : Black Speed Knobs, Neck volume, Neck tone, Bridge volume, Bridge tone
- Output Jack: Heavy duty Epiphone 1/4" non-rotating
- Machine Heads: Deluxe die-cast with black metal tulip buttons 14:1
- Colour: Ebony (gloss)
Body & Bridge
Pickups & Hardware
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.