Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX, Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX, Heritage Cherry SunburstDetails
Part of the Prophecy Series which combines tradition with innovation, the Les Paul Custom Plus GX boasts Gibson USA Humbuckers and a gold hardware, along with a Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish.
Product Ref: 31235View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
First introduced in 2008, the Prophecy series was hailed for its ultimate combination of tradition and innovation; a guitar for shredders who sought to redefine what a Les Paul was supposed to sound like.
The Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX features Gibson USA's powerful 490R/498T humbucker combination with push/pull coil-tapping for each pickup, along with an elegant mother-of-pearl and abalone block and triangle inlay, and individual volume and tone controls in the traditional Les Paul layout.
This guitar boasts a mahogany body with a beautiful quilt maple veneer top. It has a super-fast mahogany neck with SpeedTaper D-profile with a satin finish and a 24.75" scale, on top is the ebony fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets. This guitar comes in a nice Heritage Cherry Sunburst finish.
Gibson USA Humbuckers
It was often noted by fans that the GX would match well with the 490R/490T pickups and so now it's equipped with a Gibson USA 490R humbucker with Alnico II bar magnet in the neck position and a Gibson USA 498T with Alnico-V bar magnet in the bridge position. These pickups have the traditional characteristics of Gibson's "Patent Applied for" tone, but providing a modern edge to give your tone a distinct personality. Each pickup features coil tapping via a push/pull control at each pickup's volume knob, so now there are individual volume and tone controls for each pickup.
The Prophecy GX features gold hardware; gold metal barrel controls with mother-of-pearl inlaid tops, Epiphone's legendary gold LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and LockTone Stopbar tailpiece, a gold Epiphone exclusive non-rotating heavy-duty output jack, and gold Epiphone Straplocks. It also includes gold Grover® 14:1 machine heads, allowing for incredible tuning accuracy, like on all the best Les Pauls.
Hard Case Included
This guitar also comes with a hard case for you to carry it around in.
Body & Bridge
- Species: Mahogany
- Top: Quilt Maple Veneer
- Colour: Heritage Cherry Sunburst
- Bridge Type: LockTone Tune-o-matic
- Plating: Gold
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: SpeedTaper "D"
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Species: Ebony
- Frets: 24 Jumbo
- Radius: 14"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Neck Position: Open-Coil Gibson USA 490R Humbucker (Alnico V)
- Bridge Position: Open-Coil Gibson USA 498T Humbucker (Alnico V)
- Pots: 2 Volume Controls with Push/Pull Coil Tapping, 2 Tone Controls
- Toggle Switch: 3-way Pickup Selector with Black Cap
- Strings: .010 - .046, Swedish Steel "hex" Core (Already on Guitar)
- Case: Hard Case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.