Fender American Special Stratocaster MN, 2-Tone Sunburst
Fender American Special Stratocaster MN, 2-Tone SunburstDetails
The Fender American Special Stratocaster electric guitar delivers genuine U.S-made Fender quality into the hands of beginners and professionals alike. Combining the resonant Alder body with a Maple neck and fingerboard, the American Special Stratocaster provides a smooth and comfortable playing experience. The three single-coil Texas Special pickups in a SSS configuration produce a bright and full tone that's ideal for everything from country and rock to pop and jazz.
Product Ref: 67455View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Alder Body & Maple Neck
The Fender American Special Strat has an Alder body and produces a resonant and balanced tone with plenty of clarity and body. Fender have used Alder as their tonewood of choice for electric guitars since the 1950's as the balanced response and slight upper middle definition makes it perfect for rock and blues playing. Paired with a modern ‘C’ shaped Maple neck the American Special Stratocaster offers iconic Fender playability and sustain required by experienced musicians.
Texas Special Pickups
Loaded with three clear and dynamic Texas Special single coil pickups the American Vintage Stratocaster delivers a distinctive mid-range punch, sparkling highs and focused bass response. Featuring an overwound single coil design, alnico 5 magnets and staggered pole pieces the Fender Texas Special pickups produce an array of professional tones ideal for a range of genres and playing styles.
Greasebucket Tone Circuit
The Fender American Special Strat incorporates a unique Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit which delivers a whole new style of tonal shaping. Apposed to standard tone controls that simply reduce the high frequencies leaving the bass frequencies more predominant, the Greasebucker™ tone circuit provides a high and low frequency roll off allowing you to create unique and natural clean tones.
Resonant Synthetic Bone Nut
Featuring a carefully fitted synthetic bone nut the American Special Stratocaster delivers an increased resonance and brighter tonality. When compared to traditional plastic and Tusq materials used to construct guitar nuts, synthetic bone improves the vibration transfer between the string and tuning machines without dampening the tone.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- Model: American Special Stratocaster®
- Model Number: 0115602303
- Series: American Special
- Colour: 2-Colour Sunburst
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage Style Synchronized Tremolo
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' / 648mm
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' / 241mm
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875'' / 42.8mm
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Texas Special Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: Texas Special Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Texas Special Single-Coil
- Controls: 1 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 2 x Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Case/Bag: Fender Gig Bag
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.