Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster, Sherwood Green Metallic
Fender American Vintage '59 Stratocaster, Sherwood Green MetallicDetails
Product Ref: 40655View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
American Vintage ‘59
This American Vintage ‘59 is based on a model from the later part of 1959. It has a slim-profile D shaped maple neck that offers a great feel to play, and a rosewood slab fingerboard providing and excellent sustain. Period correct features include a three-ply mint green pickguard with 10 holes and vintage-style edge bevels, whilst the lightweight alder body is ideal for longer play sessions. Additional features that complete this vintage guitar include aged plastic knobs, bridge saddles, tuner spacing and the period accurate single coil pickups bringing the classic sound to match the look.
Solid Alder Body
A solid alder body is used on the Stratocaster, a wood that Fender prominently used in the 50’s and 60’s, delivering a strong, full bodied tone that has plenty of clarity to let the notes sing. The tonewood provides a decent amount of sustain, creating bright, sizzling highs, excellently rounded lows, and beefy mids. The ’59 Stratocaster is also fitted with an American Vintage synchronised tremolo, allowing the guitar to create incredible pitch bends and dive bombs while keeping the strings stable and intune.
Maple Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard
The guitars solid maple neck provides the Stratocaster with bright characteristics, tightening up the guitars sound and giving it plenty of cut. The maple delivers a powerfully sharp punch when the strings are hit hard whilst still retaining its clarity to allow each note to sing. The rosewood fingerboard’s naturally oily surface allows any stray overtones to be absorbed into the pours, allowing for a natural fundamental tone. The rosewood provides the guitar with warm, soft tones whilst helping to ‘fur up’ the maples natural sound. The maple and rosewood work together to give the guitar sparkling highs that sizzle, a thick, firm low end, and an open midrange with a snappy attack.
American Vintage ’59 Pickups
Features on the Stratocaster is a set of three American Vintage ’59 single coil pickups, specially designed to reproduce the classic Fender tone from the 50’s. The pickups are designed with a vintage bobbin construction and genuine original-era cloth wiring to provide an authentic 50’s Fender pickup. The pickups are wound to precise specifications for an authentic, traditional fender tone and performance, delivering round, warm tones with a sweet edge. Its Formvar coated magnet wiring helps improve the overall brightness, the Alnico 5 magnets add plenty of focus and enhances the guitars dynamics, and the staggered pole pieces balance out the volume input for each string.
The American Vintage Series
The American Vintage series of guitars takes classic Fender models from key years between the mid-50s and 60s and gives them a new lease of life. These exciting models delve deep into Fender's roots, displaying real vintage accuracy. With original tooling dies, newly voiced pickups and reformulated vintage colours based on the actual period models, Fender have brought a series of guitars that have all the class and style of the originals matched with the best of modern day technology.
Body & Bridge
- Shape: Stratocaster
- Body: Alder
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronised Tremolo
- Construction: Bolt-On Vintage Style
- Finish: Sherwood Green Metallic
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: "D"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 7.25"
- Frets: 21 Vintage Style
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Scale: 25.5"
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat Pickup
- Middle Pickup: American Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat Pickup
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '59 Single-Coil Strat Pickup
- Controls: Volume/2 x Tone/5-Way Switch
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green w/Vintage Bevel
- Hardware: Chrome
Strings & Accessories
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS (.010 - .046 Gauges)
- Included Case: Deluxe Vintage Brown Hardshell
- Vintage '59 Strat Strap, Cable and Cloth
- Vintage 3-Position Switch
- '50s Strat Information Kit
- Bridge Cover
- Saddle Height Wrench
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.