View Full Description
Artist Signature Series by Fender
The world's greatest artists have come to Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. Artfully crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and toolings used to create the originals, Fender offers the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Danny Gatton Signature
The Custom Shop Danny Gatton Signature Telecaster is equipped with two Fender Custom Designed pickups - designed by Bill Lawrence and based on the original specs of Gatton's personal instrument. Other premium features include cubic zirconia side position markers, a custom tone circuit, a unique barrel switch tip with a bent shaft, Danny Gatton's signature on the headstock and a 4-bolt serialized neck plate.
This signature model comes complete with a stunning frost gold and nitrocellulose lacquer body finish, a range of Custom Shop accessories, a vintage tweed case and a Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Telecaster
The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster. An indispensable instrument, the Telecaster was the world's first successful solid-body electric guitar. Perfected after two years of development - and a name change or two - the Telecaster debuted in February 1951 and began its steady ascent towards the stage and studio. Ingeniously engineered with the ability to be heard both loud and clear, it was a marvel of simple design elegance and workhorse functionality. It is perhaps fitting testimony to its essential original rightness that the Telecaster design has hardly changed ever since.
- Model Name: Danny Gatton Signature Telecaster®, Maple Fingerboard, Frost Gold
- Model Number: 0108700879
- Series: Artist
- Colour: Frost Gold
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage String-Through with Compensated Brass Saddles
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: Custom '50s ''U''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' (241mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: Cubic Zirconia
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Fender Custom Designed
- Neck Pickup: Fender Custom Designed
- Master Tone
- Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge and Neck Pickups
- Position 3: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Vintage Tweed Case
- Custom Shop Picks
- Polishing Cloth
- Certificate of Authenticity
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.