Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster NOS #R83250
Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster NOS #R83250Details
The Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour NOS is the perfect example of a handmade Custom Shop signature stratocaster electric guitar. The Maple neck with Maple fingerboard has an 1983 thin-shouldered ''C'' profile that provides a comfortable and smooth playing experience. The David Gilmour Signature features an incredible trio of custom pickups that are combined with the resonant select Alder body and warm Maple fingerboard to create the infamous David Gilmour sound that's ideal for everything from rock to blues.
Serial Number: R83250
Product Ref: 60068View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Artist Signature Series by Fender
The world's greatest artists have come to Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. Artfully crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and toolings used to create the originals, Fender offers the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen.
David Gilmour and the Fender Custom Shop are extremely proud to release the David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster®. Gilmour's famous ''Black Strat®'' guitar was the cornerstone of the Pink Floyd sound, featured extensively on The Dark Side of the Mood, Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and his critically acclaimed 2006 solo effort On an Island. The Custom Shop worked closely with both Gilmour and his longtime guitar technician Phil Taylor to create this signature NOS (New Old Stock) model, specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era and to look like a model from the past that hasn't aged at all - as if you went back in time and bought it new.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature
The Custom Shop David Gilmour Signature boasts an incredible trio of custom pickups that consist of a Seymour Duncan SSL-5 at the bridge, a Custom-Wound single-coil in the middle and a Custom Shop Fat '50s single-coil at the neck, helping to produce the iconic Pink Rose tonality with modern versatility. This faithful re-creation of David's infamous ''Black Strat® also features an American Vintage synchronised bridge with a custom beveled tremolo block and shortened tremolo arm, a 2-position toggle pickup enhancement switch, plus a modern wiring kit should you choose to use it. This signature instrument comes complete with a black finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, as well as a deluxe black hardshell case and a range of other accessories.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- A faithful re-creation of David's infamous ''Black Strat''
- Thin-shouldered ''C'' neck shape duplicated from David's 1983 US Vintage '57 Strat® Neck
- Custom shortened tremolo arm
- Custom beveled tremolo block
- No back tremolo cover plate
- Black dot inlays with narrow spacing
- Aged white pickup covers
- Aged parchment control knobs
- Model Name: David Gilmour Signature Stratocaster® NOS, Maple Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 0150068806
- Serial Number: R83250
- Series: Artist Signature
- Colour: Black
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronised Tremolo
- With Custom Beveled Tremolo Block and Shortened Tremolo Arm
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1983 Thin-Shouldered ''C''
- .790'' to .870'' Taper
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25'' (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.675'' (42.5mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Trussrod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan® SSL-5 Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom-Wound Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Master Volume
- Tone 1: Neck Pickup
- Tone 2: Middle Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Tremolo Arm Handle: Custom Shortened Arm
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R, NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Position Toggle Pickup Enhancement Switch
- Modern Wiring Kit: Includes Modern Wiring Kit
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Deluxe Black Hardshell Case
- Evidence Audio™ Guitar Cable
- Custom Leather Strap
- GHS® DG Boomers Strings
- David Gilmour's 3 Disc ''Live In Gdansk'' CD and DVD Package
- Phil Taylor's ''The Black Strat'' Book
- Polishing Cloth
- Certificate of Authenticity
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.