Artist Signature Series by Fender
The world's greatest artists have come to Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. Artfully crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and toolings used to create the originals, Fender offers the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen.
For 2015, the Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish evokes decades of the most punishing playing and touring, with each one specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, along with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Michael Landau 1963 Signature
The Custom Shop Michael Landau 1963 Signature is equipped with a trio of Custom Shop Fat '50s single-coil pickups and 5-way pickup switching, as well as master volume and two tone controls. This configuration allows the 1963 signature strat to produce the classic stratocaster sound with enhanced bass response and 21st-century versatility. Other premium features include hand-selected Alder body and custom oval ''C'' neck profile, Custom Shop hand-wound '50s pickups and wiring, 6105 narrow jumbo frets, a period-correct headstock, vintage-style 6-saddle bridge and a three-ply mint green pickguard. This signature model comes complete with a unique worn fiesta red over three-colour sunburst finish and nitrocellulose lacquer, which imparts the appearance of decades of aging and use without heavy wear and tear. Also included is a Custom Shop hardshell case.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- Model Name: Micheal Landau Signature 1963 Relic Stratocaster®, Round-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard, Fiesta Red over 3-Colour Sunburst
- Model Number: 1552400140
- Serial Number: R83639
- Series: Artist Signature
- Colour: Fiesta Red over 3-Colour Sunburst
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Select Lightweight Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronised Tremolo
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Custom Oval ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25'' (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo (6105)
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Master Volume
- Tone 1: Neck/Middle Pickup
- Tone 2: Bridge Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Hardware Colour: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Certificate of Authenticity