Fender Custom Shop Michael Landau 1968 Signature Relic Stratocaster
Fender Custom Shop Michael Landau 1968 Signature Relic StratocasterDetails
The Fender Custom Shop Michael Landu 1968 Signature is the perfect example of a handmade Custom Shop Stratocaster electric guitar. The Maple neck with a Rosewood fingerboard features a custom oval ''C'' profile which provides a smooth and comfortable playing experience. The Michael Landu 1968 Signature has a trio of Custom Shop hand-wound Fat '50s single-coil pickups that combine with the resonant, lightweight Alder body and American Vintage synchronized tremolo to produce the classic strat sound that's ideal for everything from rock to country and blues.
Product Ref: 68833View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Artist Signature Series by Fender
The world's greatest artists have come to Fender Custom Shop for decades in search of their perfect instruments. Artfully crafting meticulous replicas using the same techniques and toolings used to create the originals, Fender offers the same artist instruments to you, built in the same shop by the same skilled craftsmen.
For 2016, the Custom Shop proudly introduced an expanded selection of premium ''relic'' finishes that have been designed to replicate the worn-in vibe of a genuine vintage instrument. The Relic finish evokes decades of the most punishing playing and touring, with each one specially devised to capture the authenticity of the original-era, along with unparalleled breathability and resonance.
Premium Features of the Fender Custom Shop Michael Landu 1968 Signature
The Custom Shop Michael Landu 1968 Signature Stratocaster is equipped with three Custom Shop hand-wound Fat '50s single-coil pickups, vintage wiring and 5-way pickup switching. This configuration helps to produce the time-honored stratocaster sound with an enhanced bass response and 21st-century versatility that is ideal for on stage and in the studio. Other premium features include 6105 frets, a period-correct large headstock, custom vintage-style tremolo bridge and matching hardware, as well as a 4-bolt custom neck plate.
This signature model comes complete with a bleached three-colour sunburst and nitrocellulose lacquer body finish, plus a range of Custom Shop accessories, a hardshell case and a Custom Shop certificate of authenticity.
Unrivaled Quality and Craftsmanship
Since 1987, the skilled craftsmen in Fender's Corona, California ''dream factory'' have been producing guitars that are known worldwide for their artistry and unrivaled quality. Ranging from the fine to the fantastic, whether it's building a new custom instrument from the ground up or modifying an existing one, their best is the best. These wonderful instruments have been crafted for and with the input of the world's finest guitarists such as Clapton, Springsteen, Cray, Gilmour, Townshend, Wilko Johnson and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to name just a few.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
- Model Name: Michael Landau Signature 1968 Relic Stratocaster®, Round-Laminated Rosewood Fingerboard, Bleached 3-Colour Sunburst
- Model Number: 1552200865
- Series: Artist
- Colour: Bleached 3-Colour Sunburst
Body & Bridge
- Body Material: Select Lightweight Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Custom Oval ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' (648mm)
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25'' (184.1mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650'' (42mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Custom
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
- Master Volume
- Tone 1: Neck/Middle Pickup
- Tone 2: Bridge Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade
- Position 1: Bridge Pickup
- Position 2: Bridge and Middle Pickups
- Position 3: Middle Pickup
- Position 4: Middle and Neck Pickups
- Position 5: Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Certificate of Authenticity
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.