Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster Electric Guitar, Flat Black
Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster Electric Guitar, Flat BlackDetails
Product Ref: 42783View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A Minimalist Approach
When it came to creating his won Fender Jazzmaster, Jim Root decided to scrap everything that wasn't important to the core guitar elements. Instead, Jim wanted a minimalist guitar that was as road worthy as possible, due to the live shows with Slipknot where things could get dirty or broken. For the signature guitar, the pickups, circuits and controls have all been replaced with EMG pickups, a single volume control and a 3-way blade switch, allowing for powerful tones with simplistic control. The big chrome bridge has been replaced with a small startacaster string-though-body bridge, and the fingerboard inlays have been removed to leave a smooth ebony look.
Active EMG Pickups
The Fender Jim Root Jazzmaster uses a set of powerful EMG 81 and 60 humbucking pickups, offering a punchy and thick tone when in the 81 bridge position and a warm and crisp tone in the 60 neck position. Constructed from close aperture coils and featuring ceramic magnets, the 81 and 60 humbucking pickups provide advanced detail and a truly meaty tone. EMG pickups are favoured by many professional musicians due to their unbeatable tone, active circuitry, high output and low noise.
featuring a string-thru body construction, the guitar provides improved tonality and sustain by transferring vibrations and resonance from the string to the body as it goes over the hardtail bridge and passes through the body.
Compound Radius Neck
The Jazzmaster features Fender's unique and innovative compound-radius fingerboard design, where the board gradually flattens toward the heel from its more rounded profile, providing a smooth playability for both chords and riffs. The flattened heel allows sensational accessibility and speed at the high register, perfect for both lead and rhythm players.
About Jim Root
Jim Root is an American guitarist born in 1971 who is known for his role in legendary heavy metal band Slipknot. Having released 10 studio albums with Slipknot and 5 with side project Stone Sour, Jim Root has performed on stages all around the world and has become a guitar idol to many metal musicians.
Body & Bridge
- Series: Artist
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Strat
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Flat Black
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Radius: 12" - 16" Compound Radius
- Frets: 22 Jumbo
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Active EMG 81 Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Active EMG 60 Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x Volume, 3-Way Blade Switch
- Machine Heads: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Saddles: Block-Style
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Hardware: Black
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010 - .046 Gauges)
- Included Case: Fenders Hardshell Case, Black Tweed
- Accessories: Strap, Polishing Cloth, Cable, Straplocks, Owner’s Manual
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.