Fender The Edge Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Black
Fender The Edge Stratocaster Electric Guitar, BlackDetails
Product Ref: 67454View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Solid Alder Body
The Edge Stratocaster features a body crafted from solid alder, deliver a classic 50’s/60’s Fender tone that’s strong and full-bodied. The alder wood helps to beef up the guitars midrange for an incredible sustain while adding some sizzle to the highs and creating an excellent low end. The Stratocaster is then finished off with a sleek gloss black finish and a classic mint green pickguard, creating a vintage Fender look with a modern feel.
Quartersawn Maple Neck and Fingerboard
The guitars neck and fingerboard are built with quatersawn maple wood, delivering a brighter tone that’s stronger and more stable than a standard neck. The maple wood offers bright characteristics, with plenty of tightness and cut to the guitars sound for a more focused tone. The neck and fingerboard combination brings sizzle to the highs and firms up the lows.
Modern ‘C’ Neck Profile
The Neck is given a modern ‘C’ design that’s perfect for most playing styles, creating a versatile guitar when it comes to playing. The modern ‘C’ shape supports low end chords and riffing while chiming the upper register for chords and leads.
DiMarzio and Custom Shop Pickups
The Edge Stratocaster features a set of three single coil pickups, with a DiMarzio FS-1 in the bridge position and Custom hop Fat 50s in the middle and neck positions to provide incredibly versatile tones. The DiMarzio pickup provides smooth, fat, all-rounder tones that add to the guitars tonal balance and soothes out the starts response. The FS-1 provides a high output with a clear articulation for powerful tones that cuts though the mix, perfect for when you need that extra boost. The Custom Shop pickups feature flat pole pieces for a personalised string response, creating versatile tones with an enhanced bass response. The fat 50s provide a bright focused tone with excellent dynamics, while the middle pickup has a reverse wind reverse polarity to offer noiseless tones with used with the bridge of neck pickups.
The History of the Stratocaster
When many people think of an electric guitar, this is the one that leaps to mind. The Stratocaster is one of the world's most popular guitars and is an elegantly versatile creation that is both a musical and cultural touchstone. Not long after Fender revolutionised music with the Telecaster and the Precision Bass, in 1954 they debuted the Stratocaster and it quickly became universally regarded as the archetypal electric guitar. Sleek and stylish aesthetics, smooth playing and tonally versatile, at the heart the Stratocaster remains a fantastic instrument - producing unmistakable sound with a timeless design. A first choice among players worldwide, there is simply nothing that sings, screams, whispers, moans, roars, rocks and rolls like a Fender Stratocaster.
About The Edge
David Howell Evans was born in 1961, and is an English-born Irish musician, singer, songwriter whose best known for playing lead guitar in the Irish rock band U2. The Edge has recorded 13 studio albums with the band, and has gone on to create his own unique playing style, opting for a minimalistic and textural style of playing. David Evans has gone on to collaborate with a number of musicians, from Roy Orbinson, Tina Turner, Johnny Cash, Jay-Z, and many more.
- Model: The Edge Stratocaster
- Model Number: 0112702706
- Series: Artist
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Shape: Stratocaster
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Pop-In Arm
- Construction: Bolt-On
- Finish: Gloss Black
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern ''C''
- Scale Length: 25.5'' / 648mm
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5'' / 241mm
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685'' / 42.8mm
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio FS-1
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1, Tone 2
- Control Knobs: Aged Vintage White
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast Locking
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Included Case: Black and Grey Tweed Hardshell
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.