Fret King Black Label FKV6 Geoff Whitehorn Signature Model
Fret King Black Label FKV6 Geoff Whitehorn Signature ModelDetails
Product Ref: 26972View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Fret King Corona GW has a somewhat atypical pickup combination with a P90 in the neck position, a throaty single coil in the middle, and a roaring Wilkinson 'Prizefighter' humbucker in the bridge position, the Geoff Whitehorn signature guitar, like the man himself covers an immense range of fundamental tones.
With a standard looking control layout, but more comprehensive than first meets the eye, the GW has master tone for the neck and middle pickups, and separate tone control for the bridge humbucker.
Add to this a 'push-push' switch on the neck/middle pickup tone control which switches the neck and bridge pickup together, as well as a second 'push-push' switch on the bridge pickup tone control which taps the 'Prizefighter' to single coil and it can be argued that if you can't find the sound you want with this guitar, then maybe it doesn't exist."
With a career spanning over four decades, Geoff has worked with the likes of Eric Clapton, Sir Paul McCartney, Bad Company, The Who, Kevin Ayers, Elkie Brooks, Manfred Mann, Billy Ocean, and many others, so if anyone needed a versatile, consistently high-performing guitar that cuts through the mix, it's Geoff Whitehorn.
Body & Bridge:
- Body: Two-piece centre-jointed American Alder body.
- Hardware: Wilkinson WVS bridge
- Colour/Finish: White
- Fingerboard: Rosewood with Pearl dots
- Radius: 10"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Scale: 25.5"/648mm
- Nut: Graphite
Pickups & Hardware:
- Bridge: Wilkinson humbucker WP90B,
- Middle: Wilkinson WHS vintage voiced single coil
- Neck: WHHBCa 'Prizefighter'
- Controls: volume, two 'push-push' tone, and five way lever switch
- Tuners: Wilkinson WJ07 E-Z Lok tuners
Carry bag - (genuine Fret-King luxury carry bag)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.