Fret King Jerry Donahue SD Signature Model, Gloss Black
Fret King Jerry Donahue SD Signature Model, Gloss BlackDetails
The Fret King Jerry Donahue SD Signature Model is a new black edition to Jerry Donahue's signature range. Like others in this range, the SD is equipped with two pickups including a Seymour Duncan APTL-3JD and a APS-2JD that offer a warm, punchy tone with a vintage edge. Controlling these pickups is easy thanks to the unique 5 way switching system which provides some of the most iconic guitar tones of the last 60 years. In addition to the pickups, a chrome pickup surround provides a perfect sustain and ultimate tone transfer. The Jerry Donahue SD is the perfect guitar for any level of player. Includes a Fret-King carry bag for transportation and protection.
Product Ref: 74608View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Jerry Donahue is know best for being the co-founder of The Hellecasters, and is an incredible guitarist who has collaborated with many stellar artists over the years. He has an extensive knowledge of guitar tones, and how it has been developed over the last few decades, and has had a considerable amount of input into the design of this SD model.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
The Fret King Jerry Donahue SD Signature Model features Donahue’s California built, Seymour Duncan APTL-3JD signature pickup in the bridge position. This unique pickup was especially designed by Seymour Duncan to duplicate the warm, punchy bridge pickup tone of Jerry’s own favourite ’52 touring guitar. In addition to this initial pickup, the SD model also features Jerry’s custom designed, California built covered APS-2JD signature pickup in the neck position. Seymour designed this particular pickup with a balanced field for an even response, to distort "earlier", yet retain a clean, vintage-like tonality.
Controlling these pickups is easy with a five way switch and circuitry which is tuned to exactly to Jerry’s specifications. The Fret-King SD model meets Donahue's vision of having a single guitar with a versatile sound, that can sound like many of the most instantly recognisable solid-body and semi-acoustic tones of the last 50 years.
Pickup Selections Include:
(Neck) The custom designed Seymour Duncan Jerry Donahue APS-2JD signature pickup yields the rich and unmistakable, sparkling neck position tone of the traditional three-pickup guitar. This results in an unmistakable vintage single-coil sound that echoes the soaring, majestic blues tones of the '60s and '70s.
Whilst in position two, the neck pickup offers a special tonal quality you would usually expect from a full-body jazz guitar, giving you a strong projection.
The neck and bridge pickups are in a customised parallel wiring, producing an enhanced, more contemporary version of the customary middle position timbre on the classic two-pickup guitar.
By combining both pickups with a capacitor and resistor in a controlled degree of reversed phase, this position offers the popular ‘in-between quack tone’ found in this position on three-pickup guitars.
Finally, by using the Seymour Duncan APTL-3JD Jerry Donahue signature bridge pickup, you can captures that amazing lead sound found on the very best of those traditional two-pickup guitars, including his own personal ’52, where his inspiration came from.
Featuring a two-piece centre-jointed American alder body with bound ash top, the SD provides a lightweight design that can be played all night long. With its updated black finish, this guitar is perfect for any type of music due to the versatile tonal properties on offer.
- New black edition of the popular JDD Jerry Donahue guitar
- Equipped with a Seymour Duncan APTL-3JD signature pickup in the bridge position for a warm, punchy tone
- Includes a APS-2JD signature pickup in the neck position for a vintage tone
- A 5-way pickup switch for a selection of different tones
- Includes a luxury genuine Fret-King carry bag for the ultimate transportation
- Custom profiled Canadian hard rock maple neck for enhanced strength
- Soft 'V' profile neck for a comfortable playing style
- Two-piece centre-jointed American alder body with bound ash top for a lightweight design
- Body Material: Two-piece centre-jointed American alder with bound ash top
- Body Colour:Black
- Neck Material:Custom profiled Canadian hard rock maple
- Scale Length: 25.5"/648mm
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7 1/4” radius
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size:medium
- Nut Width:1.67"/42.5mm nominal
- Position Inlays: Black dots
Harware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: APTL-3JD
- Neck Pickup:Seymour Duncan APS-2JD
- Controls: Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: Custom wired 5-way switch
- Bridge:Wilkinson WTBS
- Tuning Machines: Wilkinson WJ05
- Pickguard: Black
- Bag:Luxury genuine Fret-King carry bag
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.