Gibson Firebird T Electric Guitar, Pelham Blue (2017)
Gibson Firebird T Electric Guitar, Pelham Blue (2017)Details
Product Ref: 79282View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Elegant Mahogany Body & Through Neck
Originally designed by car designer Ray Dietrich in the 1960s, who based the design on 1950's car tail-fins, the classic Firebird body shape provides the ultimate comfort as well as a renowned style icon.
The 2017 Firebird T follows the classic lines of the original "reverse-body" Firebirds of 1960s, with an iconic elongated offset upper horn and shorter, rounded lower horn that give it its "flipped over" appearance that make it memorable. The Firebird T is beautifully crafted from solid mahogany "wings" which are joined to the central core of its through-neck. Mahogany is a medium-dense wood with excellent resonance and superior sustain, and it offers a rich, round, warm tone, but with plenty of high-end sheen and good midrange presence. In addition to the body, the stunning through neck is constructed from a nine-piece mahogany and walnut, and its unique design provides easy access to the high frets and adds extra sustain.
The average weight of the raw body wings is 2.6 lbs, while the through-neck/body core construction weighs an average of 3.1 lbs, providing you a lightweight guitar that can be played all night long.
Firebird Slim Taper Neck & Headstock
The new Firebird T features an extra slim neck profile, which allows for fluid hand flexibility and provides a perfect guitar for playing solos. In addition to the neck, the headstock has been carefully angled at 14 degrees, which increases pressure on the strings and helps them stay in the nut slots. An increase in string pressure also means there is no loss of string vibration between the nut and the tuners, which equals better sustain and an overall better tone.
Polished Frets Offer a Smooth Feel
The Gibson Firebird T Electric Guitar features a stunning rosewood fingerboard, complete with 22 polished frets. As wells as offering a prestigious look, these polished frets allow for smoother bends, and a fluid hand movement across the whole fingerboard, which is ideal for soloists out there.
Mini-Humbuckers Produce Iconic Firebird Tones
The new 2017 Firebird T is equipped with Gibson's 495R and 495T mini-humbuckers which are each constructed with coils wound directly around their dual ceramic magnets for added clarity and definition. Each coil of the 495R in the neck position is wound with 7,000 turns of 44-gauge wire, while the 495T has coils wound with 8,500 turns each of thinner 45-gauge wire for a hotter response in the bridge position. Together, they comprise a calibrated set with a well-balanced middle position between pickups. The Firebird T features an individual volume control for each pickup, consisting of a quality 300k linear potentiometer for a smooth, natural volume roll-off. In addition, there is also an individual tone controls for each pickup, comprised of 500k non-linear potentiometers with .22mF tone capacitors for a smooth transition from bright to warm. Overall, the 2017 Firebird T offers iconic Firebird tones that many guitarists love.
TekToid Nut For an Enhanced Tone
The 2017 Firebird T is equipped with a TekToid graphite nut, which offers increased harmonics in the middle and upper frequency range perfect for a rich and detailed tone. TekToid Graphite is the best high-tech cure for eliminating undesirable friction within the nut, which can cause tuning problems. It is the ideal choice for a guitar nut, as it has excellent conductive qualities, which overall benefit a guitar’s tone and sustain.
Chrome Tune-O-Matic Bridge
The Chrome Tune-O-Matic bridge offers stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge, as you simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action, and screw the bridge saddles in or out to achieve perfect intonation.
In addition, every Tune-O-Matic bridge that Gibson feature on thier models is combined with a separate "stopbar" tailpiece, which is essentially designed to further enhance the connection between the strings and the body.
As well as this stunning instrument, the Gibson Firebird T Electric Guitar, is complete with Gibson’s traditional hardshell case for portability and storage, along with a premium leather strap, Gibson’s multi-tool, and a polishing cloth, providing you with the perfect package for any level of player.
- 495R & T Mini-Humbuckers Produce Iconic Firebird Tones
- Includes Gibson’s Traditional Hardshell Case for Portability and Storage
- Firebird Slim Taper Neck Profile Offers a Comfortably Smooth Play
- Steinberger Gearless Machine Heads Offer Quick and Easy Tuning
- Tune-O-Matic Bridge and Stop Bar Create Excellent String Resonance
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Multi-Ply Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard Deliver Strong Midrange Attack
- Includes Premium Leather Strap, Gibson’s Multi-Tool, and a Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core T
- Style: Firebird
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar
- Construction: Neck-Through
- Finish: Pelham Blue
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Multi-Ply Mahogany/Walnut
- Profile: Firebird Slim Taper (0.800” – 0.850”)
- Width: 1.695"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 22 Polished
- Nut: Tektoid
- Heel: Traditional
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoids
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: 495T Mini-Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: 495R Mini-Humbucker
- Controls: 2x Volume/2x Tone/1x Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Steinberger Gearless
- Control knobs: Black Top Hats w/Silver Inserts
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case: Traditional Gibson Firebird Hardshell
- Accessories: Premium Leather Strap, Gibson’s Multi-Tool, and a Polishing Cloth
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.