Gibson J-45 Custom Electro Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst (2017)
Gibson J-45 Custom Electro Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst (2017)Details
The Gibson J-45 Custom Electro Acoustic Guitar is a new and improved version of Gibson's classic J-45 model. New appointments include an updated L.R Baggs pickup system for enhanced projection, 2017 commemorative stamp on the headstock and a bound peghead for added custom finish. As well as these modifications, the J-45 Custom also includes a beautifully crafted sitka spruce top with rosewood back and sides, offering superb tonal quality. Additional details include a very distinctive Herringbone top trim, multi-ply rosette and stunning abalone inlays throughout the richlite fingerboard. The J-45 Custom also comes complete with a a black hardshell case, and Gibson's Gold warranty.
Product Ref: 78199View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
2017 Model with New Appointments
Introducing the latest edition from Gibson Acoustics, the J-45 Custom has been especially designed for 2017 with updated modifications that offer both enhanced sound and looks. The new editions of this stunning model include a 2017 commemorative stamp on the back of the headstock, herringbone binding a bound peghead for an added custom finish and an upgraded pickup system for the ultimate sound projection.
Mahogany & Rosewood
The J-45 Custom combines a perfect choice of tonewoods to achieve both a beautiful tone and a visually stunning instrument. Equipped with a Sitka spruce top, the J-45 provides longevity and a uniform grain, offering a sturdy platform. The choice of using sitka spruce offers a perfect soundboard, and generates a broad dynamic range that can accommodate many different playing styles. Combined with rosewood back and sides, the J-45 also delivers clear articulation, with deep lows and a throaty growl. Both tonewoods add their own distinctive character to the overall tone of the J-45, and are separated by a beautiful herringbone top trim binding, that adds a wonderful contrast against the dark vintage sunburst finish.
L.R. Baggs Element Active Acoustic Pickup System
The J-45 Custom comes equipped with the popular Element Active Acoustic Pickup System from L.R. Baggs, which features a low-profile undersaddle element-or transducer-that's proven more stable and durable than many standard ribbon-type pickups. Combined with an onboard preamp with an unobtrusive and removable volume control mounted just inside the Soundhole, the Element delivers performance not previously attainable from an undersaddle pickup. Its sleek and effective design removes unnecessary internal components to enhance the coupling between the pickup and the guitar. This also improves the sensitivity of the transducer for a robust, lively, and natural acoustic sound with excellent dynamics and delicate high end. The Element works with a standard 9V battery, which is housed inside the guitar in L.R. Bagg's new "Battery Bagg."
Classic Dreadnought Body Shape
The Dreadnought is the most traditional style of guitar body shapes around, due to its ability to deliver an even balanced tone across the tonal spectrum. Its robust voice offers strong clear treble notes, a great midrange and low end power which is ideal for playing blues or folk. This particular body shape is adaptable to many different types of music and is also comfortable to play either seated or standing.
Classic Gibson Ornate DetailsA Gibson acoustic would not be complete with the classic Gibson details that boast quality craftsmanship and high status. The J-45 Custom features a beautiful selection of abalone crown inlays along the richlite fingerboard. This same theme is also echoed on the headstock, that is bound and hand-inlaid with mother-of-pearl block Gibson logo. The sound hole also features ornate details and features mulit-ply rosette with a highlighted abalone ring.
As well as ornate extras, the J-45 is equipped with gold Grover tuners for precise tuning and a classic appearance that Gibson are famous for.
- Equipped with an upgraded pickup system; L.R.Baggs VTC pickup for easy plug-and-play
- Eloquent addition of herringbone top trip binding
- Bound peghead for added custom finish
- Sitka spruce top with rosewood back and sides
- Gold Grover rotomatic tuners for precise tuning
- Featuring Gibson's classic nitrocellulose lacquer for added authenticity
- Includes black hardshell case with plush-lined interior
- Gibson Gold Warranty
Body & Bridge
- Body Style: Round Shoulder J-45
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Side: Rosewood
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top w/Herringbone, 1-Ply Back
- Bridge: Richlite Belly Up w/Abalone Dots
- Bracing: Traditional Scalloped X
- Construction: Compound Dovetail Secured
- Finish: Vintage Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Richlite
- Radius: 12”
- Inlay: Abalone
- Frets: 20
- Nut: Tusq
- Width at Nut: 1.725”
Electronics & Hardware
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Element VTC
- Tuners: Grover Rotomatics
- Pickguard: Tear Drop, Firestripe
- Rosette: Multi-Ply Abalone Double-Ring
- Hardware: Gold
- Strings: Light Gauge .012 - .053
- Included Case: Black Hardshell
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.