Gibson J-45 Vintage Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst (2017)
Gibson J-45 Vintage Acoustic Guitar, Vintage Sunburst (2017)Details
Product Ref: 78186View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Improved 2017 Vintage Model
Designed and handcrafted in Gibson’s factory in Bozeman, Montana, the Gibson J-45 Vintage Acoustic Guitar stays true to its original design whilst adding improved techniques and craftsmanship to ensure the guitar can keep up with the modern player. Upgrades include the thermally aged top, a fingerboard designed for extra comfort, an enhanced finish to offer a smooth surface, and a premium setup that uses state-of-the-art German engineered Plek Technology.
Thermally Aged Adirondack Red Spruce Top
Crafted from a thermally aged Adirondack red spruce top, J-45 Vintage provides a very high velocity sound, as this type of wood has the highest stiffness across and along the grain compared to any other top wood. Red spruce is considered by many to be the holy grail in top woods, as it can deliver the highest volume ceiling of any species, yet also has a rich fullness of tone that retains clarity at all dynamic levels. The thermal aging process used on this top wood involves drying the boards to remove the moisture, followed by removing the oxygen and drying at a higher heat. This is then followed by slow cooling and reintroduction of moisture, which usually takes around 3-4 days. At the end of this process, you are left with a quality sounding tonewood with the classic matured tone of an older guitar.
Mahogany Back and Side Panels
Combining the spruce top with mahogany back and sides, the J-45 offers a beautiful tone with the highest quality that you would expect from a Gibson guitar. Mahogany offers a rich, thick present midrange and an earthy voice that is especially used in blues and bluegrass music. As well as a superb tone, the choice of mahogany also offers a beautiful grain and adds to the overall visual impact of the J-45.
Classic Dreadnought Body Shape
The Dreadnought is the most traditional style of guitar body shapes, due to its ability to deliver an even balanced tone across the spectrum. Its robust voice offers strong clear treble notes, a great midrange and low end power which is ideal for playing blues or folk. This particular body shape is adaptable to many different types of music and is also comfortable to play either seated or standing.
As with many of Gibson's acoustic range, the J-45 features traditional scalloped x-bracing. This particular type of bracing consists of two braces forming an 'X' shape across the soundboard which not only enhances the sound and offers a balanced tone, but also provides a reinforced sturdy structure.
Enhanced Finish and Feel
For the 2017 Model, Gibson have used their special sandpaper and polishing compounds to ensure that the guitar has the best finish on all the tonewood’s surfaces. They have also improved the fingebrorad’s edge by smoothing it down, allowing the players fingers to glide freely and achieve a natural feel. New penetrating and long lasting oil is used in the guitar's finish for the fingerboard and bridge, helping to maximise the woods natural vibrancy for a greater overall sustain and resonance. The guitar’s setup is then finished off with the state-of-the-art plek technology, created by German engineers, creating create the finest playing surface possible, and ensure the frets always give you an optimum playing experience.
Vintage Style Construction
The J-45 Vintage features many delicate appointments that add to the quality and look of the instrument. A Vintage round neck profile offers players that classic Gibson feel, allowing for classic hand slides. Traditional build techniques are used to provide a thermally aged top that creates a vintage sound and look without the wait. Period correct style tuners are added to add to its classic aesthetic while offering excellent string stability, and the hand shaped bone nut and bridge deliver original detailing. Additional appointments include classic Gibson details such as a mother-of-pearl inlay on the headstock, mother-of-pearl dot inlays, a rosewood bridge and fingerboard, and a nitrocellulose lacquer finish. The J-45 also includes a black hardshell case with plush-interior for transportation and protection.
- Red spruce top and mahogany sides for projection
- Thermally aged top delivers vintage sound and appearance
- Iconic finish is hand sprayed for an authentic Gibson Appearance
- Traditional scalloped x-bracing for the ultimate projection
- Gotoh relic tuners for precise tuning and aesthetic look
- Hand shaped bone nut and saddle offers original detailing
- Featuring Gibson's classic nitrocellulose lacquer for added authenticity
- Includes black hardshell case with plush-lined interior
- Gibson Gold Warranty
Body & Bridge
- Body Style: Round Shoulder J-45
- Top: Thermally Aged Adirondack Red Spruce
- Back and Side: Mahogany
- Binding: Multi-Ply Top, 1-Ply Back
- Bridge: Rosewood Belly Up
- Bracing: Traditional Scalloped X w/Hide Glue
- Construction: Compound Dovetail Secured
- Finish: Vintage Sunburst
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Vintage Round
- Scale: 24.75"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 12”
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Dots
- Frets: 20
- Nut: Bone
- Width at Nut: 1.725”
Hardware & Accessories
- Tuners: Gotoh Relic w/White Buttons
- Pickguard: Tear Drop
- Saddle: Bone
- Rosette: Multi-Ply Single-Ring
- Hardware: Nickel
- Strings: Light Gauge .012 - .053
- Included Case: Vintage Style Hardshell
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.