Gibson SG Faded T Electric Guitar, Worn Brown (2017)
Gibson SG Faded T Electric Guitar, Worn Brown (2017)Details
Product Ref: 79213View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The SG Faded 2017 T has been carefully crafted by Gibson USA to look and feel like an old friend the first time you pick it up. With its more authentic new Faded Gloss finish and nickel-plated hardware, the SG Faded looks weathered by a few decades of playing, while the guitar itself feels as if it has been shaped directly by the player's own hands, for an absolutely perfect fit. The SG Faded is an artful blend of history and modernity, where SG traditions began more than five decades ago meet with 21st century innovations for sonic versatility and playability.
The brand new faded gloss finish offers an authentic road-worn look that can be associated with a guitar that has had decades of use. As well as the finish, the Gibson SG Faded T also includes classic Gibson features including an Aluminium tune-o-matic bridge with steel thumbwheels, aluminium stop bar with steel posts, vintage style keystone tuners and black top hat control knobs.
Slim Taper Neck
The Gibson SG Faded T Electric Guitar not only offers a comfortable body, but also provides a slim tapered neck profile. This maple neck offers the ultimate comfort with its slim profile, and allows for fast and comfortable soloing. As well as providing fluid hand flexibility, the maple neck is fused to the mahogany body using a mortise an tenon joint, and a provides a vintage-style neck heel and the ultimate resonance.
Gibson has begun using TekToid graphite nuts on all of the guitars they build, as it offers increased harmonics in the middle and upper frequency range perfect for a rich and detailed tone. TekToid Graphite is the best high-tech cure for eliminating undesirable friction within the nut, which can cause tuning problems. It is the ideal choice for a guitar nut, as it has excellent conductive qualities, which overall benefit a guitar’s tone and sustain.
Incorporating a set of 490R and 490T humbucking pickups designed to recreate the tone of the classic Gibson PAF pickups, the Gibson SG Faded T Electric Guitar produces a rich vintage tone that can be used in many different types of music. Both pickups deliver a moderately high output, and also add to the sustain and resonance of the lightweight body. Controlling these pickups is easier, with the classic top-hat control knobs of volume and tone, along with a toggle switch.
Tune-O-Matic bridges are an extremely popular fixed bridge type due to their stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Additionally adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge. Simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action and screw in or out the bridge saddles to achieve perfect intonation.
- Equipped with 490R and 490T Humbuckers to Deliver Vintage PAF Tone
- Includes Padded Gigbag for Portability and Storage
- Slim Taper Neck Profile Offers Fluid Hand Movement
- Vintage Style Keystone Tuners Provide Excellent Tuning Stability
- Aluminum Tune-o-Matic Bridge with Steel Thumbwheels
- Includes Two Volume and Two Tone Controls
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Includes Strap and Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core T
- Style: SG Faded
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Aluminium Tune-o-Matic w/Steel Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar w/Steel Posts
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Worn Brown
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Width: 1.695"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75
- Frets: 22 Polished
- Nut: Tektoid
- Heel: Traditional
- Inlays: Acrylic Dots
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: 490T
- Neck Pickup: 490R
- Controls: 2x Volumes/2x Tones/1x Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Keystone Tuners
- Control knobs: Black Top Hats
- Pickguard: Black
- Hardware: Nickel
- Case: Padded Gigbag
- Accessories: Strap/Polishing Cloth
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.