Gibson SG Special T Electric Guitar, Satin Cherry (2017)
Gibson SG Special T Electric Guitar, Satin Cherry (2017)Details
Product Ref: 79217View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Satin Finish is Perfect For Photographs
The SG Special 2017 T is the perfect guitar for the player who desires vintage looks and authentic Gibson tones, but also wants to get the best that modern construction methods have to offer. The use of the satin cherry finish allows for a lightweight guitar which can be played for much longer. Satin provides a matt texture and is therefore an ideal choice for gigging guitarists, as it wont glare under stage lighting, and also looks good on photographs compared to a high-gloss finish.
As well as the finish, the Gibson SG Special T Electric Guitar also includes classic Gibson features including an Aluminium tune-o-matic bridge with steel thumbwheels, aluminium stop bar with steel posts, vintage style keystone tuners and top hat control knobs.
Slim Taper Neck
Not only does the Gibson SG Special T Electric Guitar offer a comfortable lightweight mahogany body, it also features a slim tapered neck profile. This mahogany neck offers the ultimate comfort with its slim profile, and allows for fast and comfortable soloing. As well as providing fluid hand flexibility, the mahogany neck is fused to the mahogany body using a mortise an tenon joint, and a provides a traditional neck heel and the ultimate resonance.
The Gibson SG Special T Electric Guitar sounds just as good as it looks. Incorporating a set of 490R and 490T humbucking pickups designed to recreate the tone of the classic Gibson PAF pickups, the Gibson SG Special T Electric Guitar provides a rich vintage SG tone that can be used in many different types of music. Both pickups deliver a moderately high output, and also add to the sustain and resonance of the lightweight mahogany body. Controlling these pickups is easy, with the classic gold top-hat control knobs of volume and tone, along with a toggle switch.
Gibson has begun using TekToid graphite nuts on all of the guitars they build, as it offers increased harmonics in the middle and upper frequency range perfect for a rich and detailed tone. TekToid Graphite is the best high-tech cure for eliminating undesirable friction within the nut, which can cause tuning problems. It is the ideal choice for a guitar nut, as it has excellent conductive qualities, which overall benefit a guitar’s tone and sustain.
Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge
The Gibson SG Special T Electric Guitar, features an aluminium Tune-O-Matic bridge, which is an extremely popular fixed bridge type due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Additionally adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge. Simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action and screw in or out the bridge saddles to achieve perfect intonation.
- Equipped with 490R and 490T Humbuckers to Offer Vintage SG Tone
- Includes Padded Gigbag for Portability and Storage
- Slim Taper Neck Profile Offer Fluid Hand Movement
- Vintage Style Keystone Tuners Provide Excellent Tuning Stability
- Aluminium Tune-o-Matic Bridge Creates Incredible String Stability
- Includes Two Volume and Two Tone Controls
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Includes Strap and Polishing Cloth
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core T
- Style: SG Special
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Aluminium Tune-o-Matic w/Steel Thumbwheels
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar w/Steel Posts
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Satin Cherry
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Width: 1.695"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 24 Polished
- Nut: Tektoid
- Heel: Traditional
- Inlays: Acrylic Small Blocks
- Bridge Pickup: 490T Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: 490R Humbucker
- Controls: 2x Volumes/2x Tones/1x Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style Keystone
- Control knobs: Gold Top Hats w/Silver Inserts
- Pickguard: Black
- Hardware: Nickel
- Case: Padded Gigbag
- Accessories: Strap/Polishing Cloth
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.