Gibson SG Standard T Electric Guitar, Heritage Cherry (2017)
Gibson SG Standard T Electric Guitar, Heritage Cherry (2017)Details
Product Ref: 79232View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Raising the Standards
When the double-cutaway SG was unveiled as the (temporary) replacement for the original single-cutaway Les Paul in 1961 it quickly proved itself far more than just a stand-in. An overnight success, this innovative guitar quickly became a favorite with rock, blues, and jazz players and more. The flagship of the SG range, the SG Standard 2017 T represents a superb blend of historic looks and tone and contemporary versatility and playability. Its iconic asymmetrical double-horned body styling and smaller 'teardrop' pickguard hark back to the originals of the early 60s and provide a stylish and modern SG playing experience for players of today.
Slim Taper Neck Profile For The Optimum Comfort
As well as offering a comfortable lightweight mahogany body, the Gibson SG Standard T Electric Guitar also features a slim tapered neck profile. This mahogany neck offers the ultimate comfort with its slim profile, and allows for fast and comfortable soloing. As well as providing fluid hand flexibility, the mahogany neck is fused to the mahogany body using a mortise an tenon joint, and a provides a traditional neck heel and the ultimate resonance.
The Gibson SG Standard T Electric Guitar is equipped with a duo of '57 classic humbuckers that provide a warm, full tone with a balanced response, packing that classic Gibson PAF humbucker crunch. These classic humbuckers are made to the exact same specs as the original PAFs, including Alnico II magnets, nickel-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and vintage-style, two-conductor braided wiring. The pickups are also wax potted to remove all internal air space and any chance of microphonic feedback for the ultimate retro tone.
Gibson has begun using TekToid graphite nuts on all of their new guitars, as it offers increased harmonics in the middle and upper frequency range perfect for a rich and detailed tone. TekToid Graphite is the best high-tech cure for eliminating undesirable friction within the nut, which can cause tuning problems. It is the ideal choice for a guitar nut, as it has excellent conductive qualities, which overall benefit a guitar’s tone and sustain.
Chrome Plated Aluminium Tune-O-Matic Bridge
The Gibson SG Standard T Electric Guitar,, features a Chrome Plated Aluminium Tune-O-Matic bridge, which is an extremely popular fixed bridge type due to its stability, reliability, comfortable playing position and impressive sustain. Additionally adjusting the string action and intonation is extremely simple with a tune-o-matic bridge. Simply adjust the height of the bridge with the mounting rods to alter the action and screw in or out the bridge saddles to achieve perfect intonation.
- Equipped with ’57 Classic and ’57 Classic+ Humbuckers to Offer PAF Style Tones
- Includes Gibson’s Classic Hardshell Case for Portability and Storage
- Slim Taper Neck Profile Offer Fluid Hand Movement
- Grover Tuners Provide Excellent Tuning Stability
- Aluminium Tune-o-Matic Bridge Creates Incredible String Stability
- Includes Two Volume and Two Tone Controls
- A Lightweight Mahogany Body and Neck Offers the Ultimate Comfort
- Includes Premium Leather Strap and Gibson’s Mutli-Tool
Body & Bridge
- Series: Core T
- Style: SG Standard
- Body: Mahogany
- Bridge: Chrome Plated Aluminium Tune-o-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminium Stop Bar
- Construction: Set-In
- Finish: Heritage Cherry
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Width: 1.695"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale Length: 24.75”
- Frets: 24 Polished
- Nut: Tektoid
- Heel: Traditional
- Side Dots: Black
- Inlays: White Acrylic Trapezoid
- Bridge Pickup: 57 Classic Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: 57 Classic+ Humbucker
- Controls: 2x Volumes/2x Tones/1x Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Locking Grover Kidney-Button
- Control knobs: Black Top Hats
- Pickguard: Small Teardrop
- Hardware: Chrome
- Case: Classic Gibson Hardshell
- Accessories: Premium Leather Strap/Gibson Multi-Tool/Polishing Cloth
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.