Gretsch G6120T-55GE Chet Atkins with Bigsby, Orange Stain Lacquer
Gretsch G6120T-55GE Chet Atkins with Bigsby, Orange Stain LacquerDetails
The Gretsch G6120T-55GE Chet Atkins with Bigsby offers the classic sound and looks of the original 1950s model. Crafted with a laminated maple hollow body, the G6120T-55GE offers crisp articulation, along with a powerful projection. For added volume, this stunning guitar is equipped with a duo of TV Jones T-Armond single-coil pickups that deliver a multi-dimensional tone. Its elegant "U" shaped maple neck is mounted with an ebony fingerboard sporting 22 medium jumbo frets, for the ultimate comfort. In addition to its superb sound, the Gretsch G6120T-55GE also includes a full host of classic Gretsch appointments that maintain its true heritage and prestige.
Product Ref: 80634View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
An Iconic Design
This elegant addition to the Gretsch professional collection has been co-designed with Mr guitarist’s guitarist, Chet Atkins. The iconic 6120 model is one of the most widely heard Gretsch instruments to date, and the G6120T-55GE stays true to the original design and astounding classic aesthetics with modifications for today's player.
Laminated Maple Body
This stunning guitar is constructed with a hollow chamber using laminated maple along with a laminated flame maple top. Its classic hollow body design offers crisp overtones while enhancing the overall resonance of the guitar, delivering bright tones. In addition, its hollow chamber offers a lightweight design that can be played all night long.
As well as offering a comfortable body shape, the Gretsch G6120T-55GE also features a standard “U”-shaped maple neck which bears a 12”-radius for the ultimate comfort. In addition, an ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets delivers a memorable playing experience that works with any fret-hand style.
TV Jones T-Armond Pickups
For added volume, the Gretsch G6120T-55GE is equipped with a pair of TV Jones® T-Armond single-coil pickups, which deliver a multi-dimensional tone with plenty of articulate detail. Both pickups are equipped with large alnico cylinder magnets and very thin magnet wire, producing a full-bodied harmonic tone. The adjustable cylinder magnets enable each string to be dialed in for perfect string-to-string balance, and a balanced tone with less string pull. With its stylish arrow control knobs, you can easily blend and shape the pickup sounds, achieving a tailored sound. In addition, the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors offer an incredibly smooth taper and silky vintage high end.
The Gretsch G6120T-55GE Chet Atkins comes heavily equipped with high quality appointments that make it worthy of wearing the Gretsch name. It features classic appointments that Gretsch fans desire including gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, durable gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish, aged pearloid block inlays with classic Western motif, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Sta-tite™ tuning machines.
- Equipped with a pair of TV Jones® T-Armond single-coil pickups for a multi-dimensional tone with plenty of articulate detail
- Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors for an incredibly smooth taper and silky vintage high end
- Ebony fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets for a memorable playing experience that works with any fret-hand style
- A pinned aluminum compensated bridge works with the Bigsby B6GBVF vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning
- Classic appointments includes Gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, Gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and aged pearloid block inlays with classic Western motif
- Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish provides durable protection
- Gold Grover® Sta-tite™ tuning machines for precise and easy tuning
- Series: Gretsch® Professional Collection
- Top Material: Laminated Flame Maple
- Back Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Shape: Chet Atkins® Hollow Body
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I Purfling
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Colour: Western Orange Stain
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Blocks with Western Motif
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® T-Armond
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® T-Armond
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Aluminum Compensated Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite™ Gold
- Control knobs: Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
*Case not included
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.