Gretsch G6122T-62GE Chet Atkins with Bigsby, Walnut Stain
Gretsch G6122T-62GE Chet Atkins with Bigsby, Walnut StainDetails
The Gretsch G6122T-62GE Chet Atkins with Bigsby is a classic design from Gretsch, featuring two TV Jones Classic humbucking pickups that deliver a refined, articulate tone. This stunning guitar is constructed from laminated maple, with a 3-ply maple top with simulated F-holes for added effect. The use of laminated maple offers a crisp tone, with plenty of warmth and projection. In addition to providing a superb tone, the G6122T-62GE Country Gentleman also incorporates classic Gretsch appointments including a Rocking Bar bridge with Bigsby vibrato tailpiece, Simulated"F" holes for a traditional look, Gold Grover Imperial locking tuning machines and G Arrow control knobs. With its vintage inspired looks and sound, it is the perfect guitar for any level of player.
Product Ref: 80633View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A Style Icon
The Gretsch G6122T-62GE Chet Atkins is a classic shape that is instantly recognised from the 1950s, and was first made famous by George Harrison and Chet Atkins. These artists and many more transformed Gretsch guitars into an iconic part of pop, rock and country. The playability of the Gretsch CG has been recently changed, unlike their original models.
Laminated Maple Hollow Body
Like many models from Gretsch, the G6122T-62GE stays true to the original design and astounding classic aesthetics. Crafted with a laminated maple body, along with a 3-ply maple top, the G6122T-62GE delivers a rich articulate tone that sits well in any mix. Its classic hollow body design offers crisp overtones while enhancing the overall resonance of the guitar, delivering bright tones. In addition, this semi-hollowed design also makes the G6122T-62GE lightweight, and allows it to be played all night long.
Neck and Fingerboard
A 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets and aged pearloid thumbnail inlays tops a maple neck with a comfortably familiar standard “U”-shaped profile for fluidly easy playing. The added cutaway design also allows easier access to the higher frets and therefore allowing you to play more complex styles.
TV Jones Classic Humbuckers
The Gretsch G6122T-62GE Chet Atkins is equipped with TV Jones Classic pickups that respond to every pick or strum, offering a refined, articulate tone and an unmistakable sound reminiscent of the 1950s era. Controlling these classic pickups is easy with independent volume controls, a master volume control and a three way toggle switch, that allows you to perfectly tailor your sound. In addition, the new Gretsch “Squeezebox” paper-in-oil capacitors deliver silky vintage high end, for the ultimate sound.
Not only does the Gretsch G6122T-62GE provide the perfect combination of superb tone and classic looks, it is also equipped with a zero fret. Zero-Fret is a cleverly designed fret that holds the strings the correct distance above the other frets eliminating variances and evens out the string action for a clean tone.
Classic Gretsch Appointments
The Gretsch G6122T-62GE offers total sophistication and features the classic appointments that made this guitar a legend including dual foam string mutes with red felt surrounds, standby switch, simulated F Holes, gold “G Arrow” control knobs, aged white binding with black purfling, gloss urethane finish, aged pearloid thumbnail inlays, gold vintage thick plexi pickguard with Gretsch logo and gold Grover® Imperial™ tuning machines.
- Equipped with a pair of TV Jones® Classic humbucking pickups that deliver a refined, articulate tone
- Separate bridge and neck volume controls
- Three-way pickup switching for the ultimate sound
- 12”-radius ebony fingerboard with 22 vintage-style frets
- Aged pearloid thumbnail inlays offer a vintage appearance
- Fingerboard features zero-fret for a memorable playing experience that works with any style
- “U”-shaped neck profile for comfortable easy playing
- Rocking” bar bridge reacts in concert with the Bigsby B6GVT vibrato tailpiece for stable tuning
- Gold Grover® Imperial™ locking tuning machines and “G Arrow” control knobs
- Simulated"F" holes for traditional Gretsch appearance
- Aged white binding with black purfling for added elegance and prestige
- Stunning walnut stain gloss urethane finish
- Series: Gretsch® Professional Collection
- Body Shape: Country Gentleman
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Body Colour: Walnut Stain
- Body Binding: Aged White with B/I/B Purfling
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Body Back: Laminated Maple
- Body Top: Laminated 3-Ply Maple with Simulated F-Holes
- Bracing: Parallel Tone Bars
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Standard "U"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Binding: Aged White
- Scale Length: 24.6" (625 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (43mm)
- Position Inlays: Aged Pearloid Thumbnails
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones® Classic
- Controls: Volume 1. Neck Pickup, Volume 2. Bridge Pickup, Master Volume
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup, 3-Position Tone Switch
- Bridge: Rocking Bar
- Tuning Machines: Gover® Imperial Gold
- Control knobs: "G" Arrow
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .011-.049
- Pickguard: Gold Plexi with Black Gretsch Logo
*Case not included
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.