Line 6 JTV-59 James Tyler Variax Guitar, Cherry Sunburst
Line 6 JTV-59 James Tyler Variax Guitar, Cherry SunburstDetails
The Line 6 JTV-59 James Tyler Variax is a beautiful guitar, designed by master luthier James Tyler, is fitted with Variax modelling technology allowing it to emulate the sounds of other instruments thanks to Line 6's extensive modelling capabilities. This well crafted guitar can be used as normal or with the additional Variax technology and is perfect for live performances or studio sessions.
Product Ref: 25235View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Finely Crafted Guitar
Inspired by the archetypal single-cut set-neck guitar, the JTV-59 employs tonewoods that have made this format legendary since the 50s. The Mahogany body with carved Maple top combine with a Mahogany set neck and a Rosewood fingerboard to produce a classic sound. The two alnico humbucking pickups are wound to James Tyler's own specs along the lines of the classic PAFs but with a little extra punch in the bridge.
Master luthier, James Tyler, has crafted this guitar with a number of features designed to help you sound your best. The neck shape is designed for easy playability and the neck joint provides absolute access to the upper frets. The custom wraparound bridge is designed for superior tuning stability as is the premium guitar nut. The long lasting, rechargeable lithium-ion battery delivers at least 12 hours of play and LED indicators let you know how long you have left. When you're not using the guitar, simply roll down the volume and the electronics will go to sleep to save power. The pickup bypass function means you can always use the guitar without batteries too.
29 Instruments In One
The Line 6 digital modelling technology which have made their amps famous can now be found in their guitars. James Tyler Variax guitars combine this technology with boutique style craftsmanship and delivers 28 vintage instrument models, from classic acoustic through to sitar and banjo, on top of the impressive sound of the James Tyler designed guitar itself. If you're a gigging musicians with a varied set list or a musicians looking to experiment and record a varied set of guitar sounds this is undoubtedly easier than lugging tons of different instruments around with you.
18 Vintage Electric Guitar Models
Whether you're into blues, rock or country you're sure to find a tone to suit within the 18 instruments in the James Tyler Variax. These Line 6 guitars capture the nuances of each instrument which have been carefully modelled and the Volume and Tone controls will behave the same for you as on the original guitars.
To see the full list of included guitar models on the Line 6 JTV-59 James Tyler Variax Guitar please download the PDF at the top of this page.
10 Acoustic and World Instruments
as well as classic electric tones the great thing about the JTV-59 is that you can also experiment with eclectic acoustic and world instruments including 6 or 12 string acoustics and dobro, sitar, banjo and Tricone models.
To see the full list of the JTV-59 acoustic tones please download the PDF at the top of this page.
Perfect for gigs, the JTV-59 can go from alternate tunings instantly with the switch of a knob. There are 11 alternate tunings which can be mixed and matched with any of the instrument profiles. Virtual Capo also allows you to create your own tunings and save them to the open slot or over existing models.
To see the full list of alternate tunings on this Variax guitar please download the PDF at this top of this page.
The Variax Workbench software acts as your personal custom shop where the only limit is your imagination. Mix and match the 28 instrument body models with any of the 17 pickup models to create unique guitar tones or reinvent the classics. Fine tune each model or tweak the tuning then load your custom instruments into your JTV-59 and access easily with the knobs. New firmware is regularly released by Line 6 so you guitars will always be up to date - simply check over at Line6.com.
The Dream Rig
On its own the JTV-59 is a powerful tool. However, if you are looking for a complete rig the DT25 or DT50 amp and the POD HD500 multi effects pedal are the perfect partners. This set up offers limitless sonic possibilities allowing you to change instruments, routing, sounds, effects and tuning all with the press of a single footswitch - perfect for the professional gigging musician.
"The amount of just plain fun that I had with the JTV-59 was undeniable. And there's so many great sounds available for adding that little something extra to your tunes, that it could become an indispensable tool in pro and project studios alike. If you're a guitarist whose sense of adventure remains intact, the JTV-59 could pay sonic dividends on your investment for a lifetime." Jordan Wagner, Premier Guitar
"The James Tyler Variax is my combination secret weapon and Swiss Army knife. Whenever I go to the studio, it goes with me. Need a Tele? I got it. Wish you had a sitar? No problem. This guitar has filled more sonic production holes than any instrument or device I have ever owned." Reeves Gabrels (David Bowie, Tin Machine)
"This thing is amazing live. At one point of the show I go from 1/2 step down tuning to standard tuning with a drop D instantly! I no longer sweat the show order and guitar changes - JTV allows me to just PLAY!" Jerry McPherson (Tim McGraw band)
Body & Bridge
- Colour: Cherry Sunburst
- Body: Mahogany with carved Maple top with flame Maple veneer
- Bridge: Fully adjustable Tyler-designed wraparound bridge
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Mahogany set neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Scale: 24-9/16"
- Neck shape: Tyler '59
- Frets: 22 medium-jumbo frets
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut: 1-11/16" Graph Tech Black TUSQ XL self-lubricating nut
Pickups & Hardware
- Tuners: Sealed tuners (16:1 turn ratio)
- Hardware: Chrome
- L. R. Baggs Radiance Hex piezo pickup system
- Vintage-voiced alnico neck and bridge humbuckers wound to Tyler's specs
- Master Volume and Tone knobs
- Model and Alt Tune knobs for easily accessing 28 vintage instrument sounds and 11 alternate tunings
- 3-way selector switch
- Compatibility: VDI (Variax® Digital Interface) for integration with Line 6 POD HD500 and POD HD PRO, and limited compatibility with POD® xt, POD® X3, Vetta? II amplifier and other legacy Line 6 products
- Power: Lithium-ion battery (12 hours of play time) and international wall charger (also functions as standard electric guitar without batteries)
- Software: Variax Workbench software and USB interface
- Includes high-quality padded gig bag
- Additional battery, charger and cable kit available separately
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.